Chapter 8

"Good morning." Johnny greeted you as you came out of the bedroom. "Hungry?"

"Yeah." You said, "Hi, Lily." You said to the little girl sitting in her high chair, who was being fed by her father. 

"Hi." She giggled with a mouth full of baby food. 

"Lily, princess." Johnny chuckled and wiped her mouth. "Just a second. I'll make you your plate."

"Sure. Take your time." You said. 

"Okay." Johnny put down the spoon and swiftly made you a plate of eggs and toast. "There you go." He said, putting the plate in front of you.

"That was fast." You said. 

"Yeah. I have to. Otherwise someone gets a little naughty here." Johnny said, pointing at Lily. 

You laughed a little and asked Johnny, "How old is she?"

"Two." Johnny said. 

"When did you find her?" 

"On a mission. It was my first one after I lost you." Johnny paused and spoke again, "There was a fire and her parents died in it. But made sure there daughter was safe. And then we found her." Johnny said, "She made me happy, made me smile. So, I adopted her." 

"That's nice of you Johnny." You said. 

"Thanks." Johnny smiled.

"Johnny. Can I say something?" You asked. 

"Go ahead, sweetheart." He shrugged and went back to feeding Lily. 

"Can I see Victor?" You said. 

Johnny stopped, "What? W-Why?" He stuttered. He was scared you'd go back to that monster who took you away from him.

"I just want to know why he did what he did." You said. 

Johnny sighed, "Are you sure?"

"Yeah." You said. 

"Alright." Johnny said, "I'll see what I can do." 

"No problem. Thanks." 

"Of course, sweetheart." 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hello, princess." Victor smiled at you as you came in the special cell designed for him. "How wonderful of you to come visit me!" He said, "Ah, Johnathan." He scowled when he saw Johnny coming on behind you and leaned against the wall facing the cell. 

"I came to ask you something, Victor." You said and stepped up to the glass wall, that separated you and Victor. "Why did you do this?"

"Oh, princess. You don't remember anything, do you?" Victor said. "You didn't get your memory back?"

"Stop lying and tell me the truth." You said. 

"I am. You left our home and went out when I didn't tell you to. And you met him." He pointed at Johnny. "You were an idiot to believe him. He is the one lying to you not me."

"You said you got me back? What was that about?" You now asked. 

Victor sighed and came closer to the glass. "I found you after you were kidnapped and tortured. That man tortured you so much that you forgot your memories. You forgot me. Your fiance." He said, "You wanna know who took you?"

"Who?" You said.

"He's standing right behind you."