[005] cracked the code

____________________________________I was awoken to the sound of heavy metal playing at full volume in Billy's room

____________________________________I was awoken to the sound of heavy metal playing at full volume in Billy's room. He knew it pissed us all off so how come he was playing it early in the morning. I climb out of my bed to talk and order him to turn it off however I was greeted by another face.

"Max? I thought you were staying at el's for the day, hey el" I spoke once noticing el stood behind, "urm yeah, well, we were seeing what people were doing and we saw Billy-".

"You mean you were spying", "no not really just like observing what people were doing. Well we did Billy and we saw him, with a girl. And she was like screaming".

"Max, are you sure he wasn't just, you know with a girl" my voice speaks laughing mid sentence, "yeah we're sure, she was tied up, it was this girl called heather, a girl he works with".

My mind instantly replayed the incident that occurred the other night, with Billy. How he was acting off and not his usual self.

"have you seen billy?" max asked sending me a very unconvincing smile. I thought about it for a minute, I thought it must be serious if max, out of everybody was worried. "um, not for the past two days,  he face scrunched up when the two teenagers glanced at eachother before looking back at her. 

Neither of them said another word just continued searching his room before entering the bathroom. I followed after them now curious by their words, I wanted answers.

"Max" el said, worry could be heard in her voice. The two of us leaned over the bathtub and their sat ice packets in water, max tried anything she could to deny every accusation made towards him, "ice, it's just ice. Probably for his muscles or something. He works like a maniac".

El's trembling breaths could be heard from a mile away as max places the packet back down. She turns her head towards the cupboard and my eyes followed after her, noticing the blood.

She slowly walked towards it, "el what is it?" I questioned seeing her blank expression once she saw what was in the box. She lifted up a yellow whistle that was stained with blood and my eyes grew wide.

The three of us began to make our exits and I stopped them both in their tracks. "Look, I know you think you have to solve this mystery case about Heather but I am begging you both. Please stay out of trouble. Billy probably took a cold bath to calm his nerves and maybe hurt himself at the pool and that's where the blood came. I know you have a different perspective of the situation but whatever you, don't get involved okay? I want to know what happened, but I've got work so I can't watch over the two of you so please don't get messed up in things like this".

The nodded, I knew my words would go threw one ear and out however I prayed a little part of it actually got to them.

-

Steve's Pov

"You see anything?" Dustin asked, peering through the spaces between the plant leaves. "Uh, I guess I don't totally know what I'm looking for." I answered, holding the binoculars to my eyes steadily.  "Steph would know." Dustin muttered, raising his hands in surrender when I lowered my binoculars to shoot him a look.