12. Roleplay

"Thank you, Mr. Schmidt. I'll be seeing you soon," Rishabh hung up and emailed his pilot to prepare a flight to Switzerland for the next day.

Wrapping up his last business of the day, Rishabh left his office room. He went to the kitchen for some water then went to check on Kukki, finding her awake.

"Oho? Aap soi nahi abhi tak?" Rishabh asked as he leaned against the door, watching Kukki play dolls with Prerna.

Kukki shook her head and explained that she had a one week vacation. She then got up and dragged Rishabh to where they were playing. She sorted through her dolls and handed her dad a boy doll.

Rishabh took it with a smile. "Wow. Who's this? Prince?"

Kukki shook her head and handed Rishabh a toy plate and knife.

"Oh, accha. Knight. Princess Kukki ko rescue kare ga?"

Kukki face palmed and showed him that the doll Prerna was holding was the princess, and that she herself was a dragon. Rishabh gave Prerna a silent look and she just shrugged.

The family played a drama, where Rishabh the knight saved Princess Prerna from dragon Kukki, and brought her to her mother, queen Kukki. In her way, Kukki asked Rishabh if he loved Prerna.

Rishabh laughed and said how could he love her if he just met her. Kukki didn't like the answer and slapped his arm, then made Knight Rishabh say he loved the princess Prerna. Queen Kukki married the knight and the princess, and then made Rishabh kiss Prerna on the cheek.

The story ended and they cleaned up before putting Kukki to bed. Rishabh sat on the edge, picking at the blanket.

"Kukki... I was thinking ke hum dono vacation mein kahin bahir jaen."

Kukki nodded excitedly. Rishabh smiled and continued. "Hamein, kuch days ke liye Switzerland jana hoga."

Kukki made a soundless gasp and ran to Prerna.

"Arre? Switzerland mein kya kharab hai? Itne pyaare mountains hai. World's best chocolates hai..."

"Aur Kukki ki doctor bhi wahaan hai," Rishabh revealed.

"Oh," Prerna finally understood. She turned to face Kukki. "Toh phir aap jaldi thik hojao na, phir doctor ke paas nahi jaana pare ga?"

Kukki frowned and hugged Prerna. Rishabh patted the girl. "Meri beti try kar rahi hai, I know. Aur Prerna aunty ke saath aap kitna improve kar rahi ho!"

Prerna looked at Rishabh and he quickly gave her a side look and continued talking to Kukki. "Main ne doctor Hala ko bataya tha. She told me ke aapke liye accha hoga ke Prerna aapse ziyada mile. Issi liye toh main inko aapki new mama bana ke laya hoon."

Kukki sat up with a big smile and hugged Rishabh. She then looked up at him and motioned, inviting Prerna with them. Rishabh looked at Prerna, thinking of how to answer.

"Uh... Kukki. Mama abhi hamare saath nahi aa sakti." He made an excuse on the spot. "Unke new documents nahi hai na."

Kukki was upset, signing "we can't leave her home alone." Rishabh understood her feelings. The last time Rishabh had left his wife home alone...

Rishabh smiled. "We won't leave her alone. Hum mama ko unki mama ke ghar drop kardein ge."

Kukki finally agreed. Prerna tucked her into bed and made her excited about going to Switzerland.