Kissing Death ~Part Four~

~Part Four~

I found my room easily after going up to the third floor on the elevator. The hall was deserted, but I waited by the elevator with the silver whistle I had been given clutched between my teeth. Just in case one of the girls from earlier decided to jump me before I could escape to the safety of my new dorm room. After I couple of minutes had passed I deemed that it was safe and I quickly gathered my bags and sprinted down the small hallway. There were two doors on each side of the hallway, four in all, but they were decently spaced to make the hallway look longer. And there were gold plaques placed above the doors which had the room number displayed on them. Everything was pure white. From the walls, carpet, even the doors. It was blinding. It only took me a moment to find the door labeled 3C and I unlocked the door easily before slipping inside and throwing my bags onto the white carpet. "Jesus Christ..." I sighed with relief knowing I wouldn't have to deal with the other girls sneaking up and kicking my ass before I could even scream for help. "W-what the hell are you doing here?" A soft voice said. I yelped and nearly ran out the way I came as it jolted me from my thoughts. I looked across the room to see a girl about my age. With long dark brown hair that was as straight as a blade. She was sprawled out on one of the two beds that were in the room. Her laptop propped up on her knees. She had headphones in one ear and she had her iPod clutched in her hand as if it would protect her. "Oh um I'm sorry... I must have the wrong room..." I stuttered as I gathered up all of my things again. "Wait!" The girl said as she sat up. "You're the new girl right?" I nodded pitifully at my feet. "No stay this is your room. I'm Jenna. Your roommate." She said softly. I was waiting for her to point out a flaw, call me a name, or utterly embarrass me to the point of tears. But she didn't. Instead she pushed all over her belongings to the side and stood up crossing the distance between us quickly. She was tiny, and adorable I had to admit. She was hardly tall enough to reach my chest, but then again I was nearly 5'6. Jenna extended a hand to me which I timidly accepted. "It's nice to meet you. Gets kind of lonely around here." She admitted as we shook hands. "Your beds over there. And you can have those three drawers for your clothes." Jenna picked up my backpack and suitcase with ease, despite her size. And tossed them into the free bed. "Sorry ill have to move some of my clothes around in the closet. I kind of took up the whole thing." She giggled. "Oh it's fine you don't have to do that. I don't have much." I said dismissing her kind gesture. "You sure? It wouldn't be a problem." "Yeah I'm positive." She was the first person here to show me kindness at this new place, and I was starting to feel a little bit safer. Like I finally had a friend to look out for me. I didn't want to ruin that by causing Jenna some kind of inconvenience.