Chapter 5

"So so so how was it?" Emily asked Jo the moment she reached home.

"How was what?" Jo said exasperatedly.

"Theon dropped you home right, how was it", Emily's eyes were gleaming when she mentioned him.

"He was.......fine", Jo answered truthfully.

Emily rolled her eyes and said, "Just fine, God Jo, get a life, they are such sweet boys, Carter even got me lunch today".

On seeing the confusion on Jo's face, she said, "Carter is Andrew's second son, he is 23, he is currently studying medicine, isn't that great".

"Yes, great", Jo deadpanned, she was just uninterested to know them so soon but Emily thought it to be otherwise.

"Oh my Baby, are you jealous, you're my favourite, don't forget that okay?" Emily said squishing Jo's cheeks with her soft hands.

"LOL Mom, I'm not jealous, I'm just not that interested", Jo cleared.

Emily frowned and said, "But you should be, they are going to be your brothers soon, now go study, your exams are already here".

"Wait, did you know that I was transferring", Jo glared at her mother.

Emily looked away and walked to the kitchen saying a small yes.

"If you knew, why didn't you tell me", Jo stomped behind her mother.

"Because we just decided it today, I didn't know that Theon will go to your school today itself", Emily said while washing her hands in the kitchen sink.

Jo pouted and stomped back to her room to sulk about nothing and everything.

----------------------------

It rained the entire Saturday which distracted Jo from her studies and made her snuggle inside her blankets. When she was still debating over to study or not, Jo heard her mother running around in the apartment.

Jo got up from her bed and walked to her door, only to come face to face with a wide-eyed Emily who had opened the door at the same time.

"Jo, there is an emergency at work, I really need to go okay, lock the doors and study hard", Emily grabbed her face and placed a quick peck on Jo's forehead and ran towards the door, "Mumma will be late, don't worry, Bye", Emily kept yelling as she went through the door grabbing an umbrella from the stand beside the door.

Jo kept standing in her place for some time, taking in the news that she has the entire home to herself on such a rainy day. Jo blasted some Taylor Swift and started going through the snacks they had in the kitchen.

After the scavenger hunt in the kitchen, Jo ran to the living room, switched the television on and logged in to Karma's Netflix account, which Karma shared with Dani, Jo and his little brother.

Jo was about to decide between Stranger Things and One of us is lying when the doorbell to their apartment rang.

She froze and waited for 5 seconds when the bell rang again. Jo went to the kitchen and grabbed the frying pan and slowly crept towards the door.

Hiding the pan behind her, Jo opened the door just a little only to see a boy around her age glaring straight at her.

"Would you open the door", the boy demanded.

"Who are you", Jo asked.

"I'm Axel, Dad sent me to take care of you while Emily is gone, she will be really late tonight", he explained.

Jo narrowed her eyes and said, "Well, tell your daddy that I don't need a babysitter".

"Hey, he had asked Carter to come, but he is busy so he sent me", Axel said.