CHAPTER 18

"Who is Aria?"

Aunt Jayda looked up flabbergasted, "Where did you hear that name Jo?" 

"Grandma told me about her, that she doesn't live here anymore", Jo replied innocently, feeling like that this family member is someone who must not be named. Every rich family has their black sheep, that is what Jo had assumed.

Emily looked at the exchange in confusion, "I-isn't Aria your older sister?"

Aunt Jayda looked up and asked, "Did Andrew tell you that, " she let out a breath and said, "I don't remember her much, I was only 10 or 11, she was Andrew's twin sister".

"Oh", was all Jo could get out. "So where is she?"

"Jo, let's not pry", Emily said in a warning tone, knowing that the topic of Aria is a very sensitive topic for the Knights. 

"Hey, it's okay, she's just curious. I was told that she fell in love and left this house and never returned, but that is a blatant lie. I may not remember her much, but one thing everybody knew, is that Andrew and Aria loved each other immensely. Aria, being older, was very protective of sweet Andrew, and Andrew literally followed her around like a puppy. They just knew each other like the back of their hands, I remember being so jealous of their relationship, but it made sense you know, they had shared a womb together".

Aunt Jayda blinked back her tears and downed a glass of white wine, "It feels to get it off the chest, Dad banned any talks related to her, so please Jo, do not take that name anywhere else."

"Can I sit here for the rest of the brunch?" Jo asked timidly.

"Of course Honey, come here, sit beside me", Emily said as she grabbed the empty chair nearer to her. "You'll be starting school soon, how does it feel?"

Jo threw her arms around Emily and rubbed her nose against her shoulder, "I don't know".

Emily laughed, and placed a kiss on Jo's hands. Jayda's eyes twinkled as she saw the mother-daughter duo embracing each other.

------------------------------------------------------------

The greenhouse was quite uneventful for Jo and Emily, except for Jayda teasing Jo sometimes for being such a baby in front of Emily. Jo greeted all the other guests including Aunt Joyce and her family along with Granny and Sir Kingston.

Now they were shifted to the dining hall for the food to be served, Jo found herself between Axel and Logan yet again. She noticed it waw the same sitting arrangement as the wedding with the same people.  Hearing Jo sigh, Logan huffed, "Get used to it, we have to sit in this arrangement till we die, or worse, get married".

"I think we have different priorities", Jo said, questioning Logan's braincells.

"That we do, because you don't even know what's on today's menu while I, " Logan pointed at himself, and continued, "Have done a very extensive research on it".

Leonardo hit the back of Logan's head and grumbled, "Why can't you be normal for once".

"Why the fuck would you hit me, bro", Logan raised his voice.

"Keep quiet you two", Aunt Joyce was standing on the other side of the table but her anger was radiating right where the youngest of the family were sitting.

Jo took a sip of her water and cleared her throat, "So Logan, is there an important evening coming up, like a charity ball or something?"

"Yeah, it will be in the last week of August, it's hell I must tell you", Logan shuddered thinking about his last year. "What is it exactly about?"