CHAPTER 16

Hii Humans, enjoy this chapter, the next one will be up kinda soon!! Do support and enjoy🎀
.
.
.
.
.

Surprisingly, Jo wasn't dragged to any kind of basement, and Theon and her were just enjoying their respective ice cream peacefully.

She kept stealing glances at Theon as he was having his mint chocolate ice cream.

"Spill it," Theon finally said. He was done with the looks, and Jo honestly looked like a suspicious puppy. "Don't give me that look. You seem to have something on your mind, say it."

Jo took a deep breath and said, "I just felt like this trip has something to do with -"

"With Xander?" Theon asked cocking one of his eyebrows.

Jo gave a shy smile, "Yes."

"Don't worry about him, Xander crossed his line and should have been corrected before. Dad and I have overlooked his behavior for way too long."

"Oh."

"Not that he wasn't dealt with already last night. How's your hand, Jo?" Theon asked.

Jo gave a bashful smile before saying, "It didn't hurt last night, but it was a bitch in the morning."

Theon squinted his eyes and said, "I'm going to let that go because it's your first time."

"Although I want to say that I'm proud of the way you dealt with it, in the future if you're in a situation like that, please, just call any of us, I don't want you in a fight, ever," Theon said getting serious.

Jo contemplated for some time. She took a large bite out of her ice cream  and looked outside the window where she could see the security Theon got with them.

"Nope, I can't promise you that. Theon, I can handle it anything about me, but the moment Ma gets involved, I can't take it," Jo looked straight at Theon and said, "I won't take it."

Theon smiled sadly and said, "You really love her, don't you."

Jo frowned, "Of course I do. She's my mother, I would do anything for her."

Theon shook his head and said, "Not necessarily, I know people who wouldn't even bat an eye at their blood getting hurt."

"Well, that's their problem, not mine," Jo shrugged.

"Jo," Theon said, "We Knights, put family over everything, blood or not, last night only proved that."

*********************

Dinner at the Knight household consisted of Emily, Axel, and Jo only.

Theon dropped Jo back the mansion and drove hurriedly to the office, saying there was an emergency.

"There seems to be a lot of emergencies at the company you are supposed to be running," Jo's side comment did not go unnoticed by Theon, who just flicked her forehead in return.

"Axel honey, how is the project you were talking about last dinner," Emily asked in her usual soft tone.

Axel looked like a deer caught in headlights, "I-uh-its, it's going great, it's an art project."

"Woah, you have to show it later," Jo said, having a bite of the cheesy pizza.

Friday night was pizza night at the Knights household, a tradition that has been followed since three year old Axel fell in love with pizza, and having a pizza night was the only way to let Axel use his puppy eyes to have pizza every day.

However, nobody in the house could actually remember the last time they all sat down together, on any night, and had food and talked about the good times or sang karaoke (especially Carter and Xander).