Chapter 52

*Tom's pov*

It has been a few weeks since Sophie told me she's pregnant, it's now the beginning of March and in London it's still cold.
Mac is in her room doing homework while Sophie is taking a shower and I'm reading a book on the sofa.
After a while I hear light footsteps behind me
"Dad?"
"Yes love?" I say pulling her on my lap
"When can we tell our friends about the baby?"
"Mummy and I thought we can go to the USA for Easter and spend some time with them and tell them"
"Yay! I can't wait to go!"
"Where can't you wait to go missy?"
"To the USA!"
"It's going to be fun!"
"Homework done?" I ask
"Yep, can I have a snack?"
"Sure" Sophie says as she sits down next to me and watches Mackayla go to the kitchen grabbing herself something to eat and drink.
I put my hand on her little bump and kiss her cheek
"You know I'm still amazed..." I say
"I am too"
So far she went in every week to do tests and see if everything was good, her doctor said that we are in the clear now and the she won't have to do visits each week, which is good news!
We also talked to Luke about how telling the world about the baby, because sooner or later people are going to find out, she can't hide her belly.
We decided to post something on Instagram in a month or so and explain our past experience as well.
Our families are constantly asking if all is good, it's a bit stressful but I get it, they are scared and worried just like we are.
Mac is doing everything she can to let Sophie rest as much as she can, even though it's not like she can't do anything, but her gesture is so sweet.

"What do you feel like eating tonight?" I ask the girls when it's six
"Mummy can choose"
"Pizza?"
"Ok! Flavors?"
"The usual!" Mac says
"And for you my love?"
"Ham please"
"Good, I'll make the call"
The delivery guy knocked at our door an hour later with the three pizzas and after paying him I set them on the kitchen table and called the girls over for dinner.
"Can we watch a movie after?"
"A short one, it's still a school night" Sophie tells her
"Ok!"

I clean the kitchen up while they choose the perfect movie and then join them under a heavy blanket on the sofa.
"I'm going to take her to bed" I whisper to my wife
"I'll wait you in bed" she says after kissing Mac's head
Upstairs I lift up the covers from her bed and gently slide her in, covering her up and kissing her goodnight.
I walk to our bedroom do my things in the bathroom and lay down with Sophie's head on my chest drawing random patterns on it.
"What are you thinking about love!" I ask
"Just how lucky I am...having you, Mac and this baby"
"Love you"
"Love you too"
We fall asleep cuddled up, my hand on her stomach.