Meddling

Namjoon, who was sitting on the bed reading his book, takes off his glasses and puts the book away on the nightstand as his husband settles opposite of him with a pensive look.

''What's wrong honey, why do you look so troubled? Did Jungkook say no to the dinner party? Don't worry about it, I'll talk to him'' He said as he tucked a strand of hair behind Jimin's ear and took a hold of his hands.

The other day his husband had talked to him about throwing a get-together dinner party, for it had been a while since they had the chance to meet up altogether. Jimin had also expressed his desire to invite Jungkook as an opportunity to mend broken bonds and had asked namjoon to let him see jungkook. However, judging by the gloominess radiating from his husband's face, Jungkook's answer was negative.

''It's not that. Actually the reason I wanted to meet Jungkook today wasn't really about a gathering."

Biting his lips, Jimin contemplated what he's about to say next.

"A few days ago, Seokjin came back. I know, I knowI should've told you, it's just that, Seokjin, he has been trying to get in contact with Jungkook, however Jungkook has blocked him the moment he realized the person was Seokjin. Today when I went to see him, it was because I was trying to convince him to meet with Seokjin. I know this might be selfish of me after all that has happened but what can I do about it? Jungkook is suffering but so is my best friend. All I want for them is closure. Seokjin is back this time because he is finally ready to give an explanation and I just want my friends to not live in regret any longer. However after today, I really don't know what to do.''

After listening to his husband he could understand the dilemma Jimin was in.
On one hand is his cousin whom he has cherished since childhood, while on the other hand is his best friend who he has shared weal and woe.

When Seokjin disappeared he had witnessed first hand the misery and anguish Jungkook went through, had seen how Jungkook had changed and become closed off and he had seen how Jungkook, although normal again, no longer was the same.

''You should have told me he is back, Jimin. Seokjin suddenly appears after all these years and contacting him, he is obviously not going to take it well. I understand you want to help Seokjin but you can't force Jungkook to forgive him''

''No, no that's not it. I just want him to give Seokjin a chance to explain because Namjoon'ah, how long are they gonna continue on like this. Although I'm no longer close with Jungkook, I can see that he is still living in question of what has happened and Seokjin, you know how he is. All these years he has, without doubt healed his inner sorrows but he has not once really moved on from Jungkook'. All I'm asking of you, is to help them have a chance to talk. I heard Jungkook is in search of a personal assistant and are doing interviews so just, recommend Seokjin to Hoseok''

''What are you even saying? Have you lost your mind Jimin, how is Seokjin going to be his assistant!''

''I am not saying that Seokjin is supposed to be Jungkook's assistant, I'm saying, recommend him to Hoseok so that he will set up a meeting between them, under the disguise of an interview. Please Namjoon, I can't think of any other way that Jungkook will agree to meet him. Seokjin just wants to explain and don't you think it's time for Jungkook to finally stop living the way he is right now?"

What his husband was saying is completely outrageous. If Jungkook were to know that he helped set up the plan he would be so upset. However it is true that his best friend has been living in misery for not having been given an explanation and this would be the only opportunity for that to happen.

''Okay I will recommend him to Hoseok. I am doing this because they both need to resolve past pains and Jungkook deserves a reason.''

*******

"Hey why do you look so stressed?" Namjoon asked as he walked into Hoseok's office and sat down on the chair in front of the desk, where Hoseok was sitting massaging his temples.

"What else could it be, finding a fitting assistant for Jungkook is such a pain in the ass and he has been extra grumpy too. I swear he is projecting because of that dude he is sleeping with, you know Hyun woo? Soo? Or some shit, I don't even know at this point" Hoseok sighed exhaustively as he rubbed his temples.

"Oh that dude, I think I've seen him a few times. I don't think they're dating though well that is at least what Jungkook has said. Regarding Jungkook's assistant I actually have someone in mind"

"Well that's not what the soo dude claims for sure. Oh really, who? Please help me"

"His name is Kim Seokjin, here his resume. He is someone I know, trustworthy and fits the criteria. I wouldn't recommend him if I didn't think he fit for the job"

"He fit all the criteria, didn't think such a person existed. Well since you've spoken so well about him I guess there is no point in me doing the preliminary interview with him. I'll just schedule one directly with Jungkook."

"Thanks that great, he is really gonna appreciate it"

*******

"Jimin'ah, I've talked to Hoseok. He will soon schedule an interview for Seokjin directly with Jungkook, so Seokjin should be receiving a confirmation email shortly" Namjoon informed his husband over the phone as he came into his own office.

"Thank you, you are the absolute best"

"This is it, okay. Jimin, we have done enough, we can not meddle into this anymore"

"I know I know , I just need for them to talk it out just once. I'll let Seokjin know about this, bye love you so much!"

Before Namjoon could even respond Jimin had already hung up in excitement.