chapter three

Drax was furious when he found out from one of his Betas that Dean had run off, he should have just left that miserable creature as a human and forced him to live with a wolf family. “When did he leave Tristan?” He asked.

“Sometime last night, I stumbled across his cabin when my son went looking for him.” The beta explained. 

“Find him I can’t have him ruining my plans,” Drax responded clenching his teeth. He couldn’t have Dean find his brother and learn about the prophecy; long ago Drax had wanted to become the wolf in the story when his parents adopted a human. His little sister had been an outcast growing up in the pack, but Drax had still loved her. But three days from turning eighteen, she left the wolf pack after being humiliated and was shot dead by hunters. They thought she had been a werewolf, but she of course wasn’t and Drax decided after that moment that humans were evil. They didn’t even care about each other, only themselves so he would turn them all into his food. “If Dean meets up with a human, he will be considered a traitor, those humans having been hunting us for years,” he said. “Do what you have to do to get him back and kill any human who tries to stop you.” 

“Yes sir,” Tristan said bowing with respect. “I will bring him back, but if he resists?”

“He is a Delta and you’re a Beta, if he doesn’t show you the respect you deserve then he will no longer be welcomed in the pack,” Drax answered. “And you know what that means.” 

“He’ll be a lone wolf.” Tristan responded. “Lone wolves never survive out there alone, I’ll do everything in my power to bring him back.” Unknowing to both, Castiel was overhearing the entire conversation and he quickly took off to his cabin. Tristan walked out of the cabin and turned into a wolf heading for human territory. 

***

Castiel wasn’t going to take any chances, he got back to his cabin and grabbed a bag. Just as Amelia walked into the bedroom to find her mate packing. She worried that something was going on and if it involved Dean again then things were going to get worse.

“Cas? What’s the rush?” Amelia asked. 

“Drax has sent out Tristan to find Dean,” Castiel explained. “We both know what will happen if Dean refuses to come back, and I can’t let that happen.” Jack who was still there wanted to come along and help but the adults acted like he wasn’t there. 

“I want to help find Dean.” He pouted, crossing his arms. 

“No, I'm sorry pup but you can’t,” Castiel explained. “Because it’ll be dangerous, me leaving the pack alone would make things worse,” he continued. “Trust me you should stay here where it’s safe there will be hunters out there searching for us.” Castiel finished packing and put his bag over his shoulder. “I’ll be back don’t worry.” Jack didn’t look sastfied but nodded his head not saying a word. Amelia told her mate to be safe and to come home or she would end up leaving herself to go find him. 

“If you’re not back in three days I’m going to go look for you myself.” She said giving him a soft kiss. 

“Ewww Cas that’s yucky.” Jack commented. Amelia laughed and pushed the young pup out of the room so she could return him to his mother. 

“Come on Jack time to go home.” Amelia said. Cas watched them and once they were out of the picture Cas immediately left the cabin in search of Dean.

***

Sam knew that he shouldn’t be talking to strangers, Ellen had given him stern lectures about that especially since he was a hunter. But his selfless heart wouldn’t let him leave without giving the man some help and maybe a shower, he smelled like the forest.