Chapter four

After Sam and Jo left the kitchen, Ellen and Dean were left alone. Dean was helping Ellen out in the kitchen, surprised that he didn’t get burned by the silverware on the table. Ellen politely took the dirty dishes and put it in the sink before turning toward him. She knew how Dean must have felt in the pack and how the prophecy probably involved him but her suspicions were starting to be confirmed when Dean could touch silver without it burning his hands. 

“For the record I know who and what you really are.” Ellen said keeping her voice low as she turned back to the dishes and placed them in the dishwasher. 

"I don't know what you're talking about, I am a normal human." Dean responded by hiding his face so she couldn't see his fear. If she knew she must be a hunter and if that was the case he was screwed. Ellen dried her hands and walked over to the table where a bowl of fake fruit sat. She reached over and grabbed one of the apples before tossing it quickly past Dean who without thinking caught it without any problems. 

“Normal humans would miss that catch and it would fall on the floor.” Ellen said. “Look you don’t need to be worried, I’m not a hunter.”

"But how did you know if you weren't?" Dean asked. There was only one human that he knew of that would be able to recognize a werewolf, but she had died, unless. "Wait a second are you?"

“Drax’s sister? Yes,” Ellen said. “Let me guess he thought I died?” Dean nodded, Ellen scoffed. “Of course he did, my brother wouldn’t know the truth unless it bit him in the ass,” she continued. “As for knowing you, I was suspicious at first, but as soon as I saw the way you acted when you got here, how you looked like crap, and waiting to be told to eat,” she kept going. “You're a delta, and you're the one that’s been missing for five years.” Dean was speechless, first he found out that she knew what he was, she was Drax's long lost sister, and she knew his rank. What's next? 

"I just can't believe it, Drax does nothing but talk about you," Dean answered. "I feel like I don't have the right to be talking with you, what even happened?"

“I faked my own death,” Ellen said. “Just like you, I didn’t fit in with that pack, they talked about me and how I was human, Drax was the only one who cared for me, but eventually he started to make me feel claustrophobic, never left my side no matter where I wanted to go,” she continued. “So I had to do something that I knew I was going to regret even if I really loved my own brother, I needed to get away and find another place to call home,” she kept going. “I came into human territory and instantly found a place, time passed and I had Jo, then I adopted Sam when his parents died in a car crash.” 

"Wow," was all Dean could say. He had no idea if he was meant to be reacting this way, it was like everything he knew had come crashing down on him. But his mind wandered back to something else Ellen had mentioned. “Um Luna I mean Ellen what did you mean I’ve been missing,” he said. “I’ve come here looking for someone I’ve lost, but maybe you already knew that.”

“Don’t ever use my real name, I hated it,” Ellen said but cleared her throat. “You’re parents have been searching for you for years before they died in that car crash.” 

“Wait what are you trying to say?” Dean asked. He had a feeling that she meant that Sam was his long lost brother, but that couldn’t be the case, could it? 

“You’ve already found him Dean, he’s been in front of you since you’ve gotten here.” Ellen simply answered. “Years ago when you got your brother to safety and Drax turned you, Sam has been growing determined to find you, never giving up, even Jo wanted to help as soon as she found out that Sam had a brother, most of what happened has been prophesied.” Dean realized that she was right, Sam being his brother made sense, it was hard for him to believe but he remembered Drax talking about some sort of prophecy for thousands of years. “I know what you're going to ask, but maybe let Sam figure it out himself.”