2- Visitor

Kazuha awoke to a harsh knock on his door. He'd slept through the day. It was now the next morning. The rain had stopped, all he could hear was the repeated knocks at his door.
"I'm coming, I'm coming!"
Kazuha lazily stood and dragged himself to the door. The person waiting for him was definitely most unexpected.
There stood a man around his height, dark red hair, and bright green eyes. He wore a suit and tie paired with fancy black shoes. He was attractive to say the least.
   "I'm detective Shikanoin Heizou. It's a pleasure to meet you."
   "Kaedehara Kazuha. It's a pleasure to meet you too."
   "I'm here to discuss the murder of your friend."
   "Oh, I see."
Kazuha invites Heizou into his home, a small but not too cramped one. He knew as soon as he heard the word "detective" that this would be about Tomo. Some part of him though is still denying Tomo's death.
   Their conversation bores Kazuha for the most part, but he can't stop staring at the detective. The way his hair falls in front of his eyes, the way his lips moved when he spoke, the way he fiddled with his fingertips. He found all of it endearing. He took note of every move the detective made, but every word he spoke flew in one ear and out the other.
   "Well I think that about wraps things up!" The detective said, standing up.
   "Wait."
   Kazuha felt his face light up a bright pink.
   "Can I get your number?"

———————
256 words
———————