3- Words

"Did I really just say that?" Kazuha mumbled to himself.
"Yes, I believe you did!" Heizou laughed.
"Oh my god."
"Here, let me write it down for you."
Kazuha's face was a bright red by this point.
Heizou laughed as he handed over his number written neatly on a slip of paper.
"Thank you."
"You're very welcome."
Heizou winked before closing the front door behind him. This made Kazuha blush even harder, if that was even possible at this point.
At that very moment, as if magic, words started to flood Kazuha's mind. Not just words, poems. Or at least lines for them. He rushed to his bedroom and grabbed his pen, but as fast as the inspiration had come, it vanished.
Kazuha sighed and grabbed his phone. He put in the number Heizou gave him into his phone, praying it wouldn't be a fake.
-Is this detective Heizou?
-Yup!
-Oh thank god. I thought maybe you'd given me the wrong number.
-Now why would I do that?
-I dunno maybe you thought I was weird or something?
-Weird isn't always a bad thing. I think you're pretty weird.
-Oh
-Take it as a compliment!
-Oh. Uh- thanks.
-I also think you're quite cute
Kazuha stares at his phone, wondering if he read that write. Of course he did but did he really think that or was he just messing with him?
The two chatted until almost midnight, when Heizou decided to call it for the night. He had work tomorrow. Kazuha lay staring out the window across from the bed. He decided to get up and sit at it.
As if on autopilot, he grabbed his pen and started to write. It was only a couple words, but it was something. He hadn't been able to write ever since Tomo died.
Upon realising what he'd done, Kazuha was delighted. He smiled widely, almost being able to write again.

———————
319 words
———————