8- Deja Vu

*Gore Warning

   "Would you like to listen to any music?" Heizou asked.
   Kazuha didn't say anything.
   Heizou took a moment to glance over at the boy who was now half asleep. He stared at him for a while, his daze broken by the sound of a horn. It echoed through the night. Heizou snapped his attention back to the road just to see headlights rapidly approaching. He tried to swerve out of the way but his efforts were in vain.
   All Kazuha could see was red and blue flashing lights. He couldn't move his body. His eyes darted to the side, where he saw Heizou. Any glimmer of hope he may have had faded swiftly. His torso was torn open. Like something out of a horror movie, his organs were exposed, he was bleeding profusely.
   Kazuha found himself in a hospital bed. It hurt to move. It hurt to breathe. Still he managed a single word.
   "Heizou?"
The nurse standing over him grabbed his hand. She took a deep breath in before revealing what Kazuha dreaded hearing.
   "He didn't make it."
   It hurt to cry, but he did anyway. He cried, and cried, and cried. Heavy breathing and violent sobbing. He couldn't stop. The man he loved was gone. He'd been here before. Losing the only thing that mattered to him twice broke him.
   He would never be able to move on. That's what he thought the first time too. Maybe he was just cursed.

———————
245 words
———————