3

FLASHBACK...

It's about 4:30 in the evening and I'm getting ready to hang out with Dani. I get dressed and wait around in my room until he gets here. After about 30 minutes a car pulls into my driveway. I quickly walk down the stairs and when I make it to the bottom, I trip and face plant onto the floor. My mom comes rushing over to me asking me if I am okay. I give her a reassurance nod when I hop up like nothing happened. mom grabs me by the shoulder examining me from head to toe making sure I'm okay. "Mom" I say slightly aggravated . "I am fine, I just wasn't watching my step on that last step at the bottom." she looks at me lovingly "okay Elizabeth if you say your fine I guess I have to believe you."  I smile and see Dani's new car pull in. My dad comes up beside my mom "I heard a loud noise , so I figured I would come and check on you two." I smile at him lovingly "we are both just fine." He nods and goes back to the living room to watch his news and drink coffee. "So I guess he isn't going to greet Dani this time?" My mother looks at me like I am committed a crime or something. "Elizabeth you know how your dad feels about Dani." I huff at her comment. "Well yea but why does he have to act like that for? Dani hasn't done anything to me or anyone in this family." I don't give my mother enough time to say anything back before I rush out and practically slam the door shut.
I storm my way to Dani's car open the door and got in. Dani looks at me with confusion all over his face. "What happened Liz?" I huff lightly "Nothing lets just go please!" Without saying another word Dani starts the car and pulls away from my house. It was silent for a while and I kept my eyes on the window so I can keep my thoughts in check.

Dani pulls over on the side of the road, puts the car in park and looks at me. "Liz what happened ?" Tears form in my eyes, but I say nothing. "Liz" he says again , but I stay quite and stare out of my window. "Was it your dad?" My head shoots in his direction. "I don't understand why he thinks that you are such a problem, like what have you done to make him think that? because I know for a fact that I don't know of anything." He puts his head down like he knows something that I don't. "Dani what is it?" He looks up , but not at me. "I did do something bad Liz , but I never thought it would matter." My facial expression changes completely "What did you do that changed my dad's feelings about you." "My dad used to love you and ask me when the next time you was going to come over to my house. there was a bond there." Dani try's to calm me down by putting his hand on my leg, but I push it off as quickly as I could. "Dani what did you do?" He looks into my eyes with sadness and regret. "I slept with Nicole and I'm sorry."  I can feel my whole body tense up and go numb. "Liz i'm so sorry." He goes to put his hand on my shoulder. I shift away from him. "Don't touch me!" Those words came out very sternly and I honestly didn't think I would ever speak to him that way. Dani  moves away and I look straight ahead so I wasn't looking at him anymore. "What does this have to do with my dad?"  Dani starts fiddling with his finger like he always does when he is extremely nervous. " Liz your dad caught us that night." I become very confused. "My dad is a police officer, so what are you talking about?" He looks at me with regret written all over his face. "You were out of town and I threw a party and it got out of hand. My nosy neighbor decided to call the cops and I had no idea, when your dad got there it was too late. He did a house search for any other teen or adult in the house and he found me and Nicole." As he continues to tell me what happened all I can do is be mad and I can feel tears roll down my cheek. He huffs slightly. "Oh come on Elizabeth it was one time and plus me and you are just friends, so this doesn't have to change anything. right?" At that point I was so done with conversation and done with Dani.

I unbuckle my seatbelt unlock my door and I get out of the car. I swiftly walk away, but I can hear Dani get out of his car and try and catch up with me. "Eliza , wait a minute." I can hear Dani call out, so I stop and turn around. "what is your problem Liz?" I black out for a minuet with rage and next thing I knew I slapped him right across the face. "what is my problem you ask?" "well I'll tell you what my problem is." "you have dragged my feelings out too far and had me thinking we were together or something and now you just now tell me that you slept with my best friend." "Nicole has been my friend way longer then me and you Dani." "Why would you do that to me?" I have never cried so hard in my life. I can't help but imagine that night at Dani's party and it makes me feel helpless and stupid. Dani doesn't say anything, so I go to turn and walk away. I walk toward my house, but I make a pit stop on the way there.

Once I make it home it is very dark outside, so I quietly open the front door and walk in the house. I walk into the living room and my mom was asleep on the couch. I drop down next to the couch and tap her on the nose like I used to do when I was little. "Mom I'm home now, so you should go to bed." I hear a low huff and she attempts to wake up. Mom sits up and kisses me on the forehead and walks upstairs to her and dads room. I make my way to the kitchen and grab some food then go up to my room.

Word count-1123