11 Graduation

(This is it Eliza the day is here, you have worked super hard for this.) I look up and see a huge arena with a stage and chairs. Bright lights are shinning everywhere. I take a deep breath and try to relax. All around me are other students , surprisingly there's quite a lot of them. Sam is somewhere in the bunch behind me .

Music starts playing and that's the sign for us to walk in and sit in our assigned seats. As we all find our seats and sit in them the ceremony begins.

"Elizabeth Fairchild"
Everyone in the audience cheers as I stand and walk up to the stage.
"Elizabeth has graduated with a perfect GPA of 4.0 and is planning to travel. She has also been asked my the school and Board of Education to make a final speech."

I make it to the stage in front of the mic and look out into the crowd. The first person I automatically see is Sam. He motions me to take a deep breath,  and to remember what I practiced.  " Ladies and gentlemen of this years graduating class of 2023 I just want to say first off how glad I am to be standing here this evening and to congratulate you on all of your hard work. This year has had its highs and lows, but we made it. I encourage each and everyone of you to strive for those goals you have in mind for your life and do what it takes to achieve them." I take a short breath look around the stadium and I see my brother and the boys waving at me. " congratulations class of 2023" I smile , shake my principals hand and walk off stage back to my seat.

After the ceremony I find sam in the crowd and jump into his arms. " we did it Eliza!" I grab his face and Kiss him with so much love and passion that I have. "We did it Sam"

"LIZ LIZ" I quickly turn around and see the boys running up to me and tackling me to the ground. "It's good to see you too" I sit up from the ground laughing a bit. Out of the corner of my eye I see a face that I haven't seen in a while.

"Hey Liz"

I am in total shock right now.

" Nicole justice!" What the hell are you doing here?

There are so many emotions going on right now, and yes Nicole justice was my best friend in my old town that was seeing my boyfriend at the time.

"You really thought I would miss my best friend's graduation?"

I chuckle for a second "best friend? That's what we are? You haven't spoken to since I moved here, plus best friends don't see each others boyfriends behind their backs."

Nicole looks at the ground in Shame "I didn't mean to hurt you Liz."

"Where was that or actually any apology before I left? I trusted you Nic and you betrayed me. Now all of a sudden you want to be my friend that's pathetic." I got so mad and upset I rush past her and check her shoulder as I walked out of the stadium.