CHAPTER 57

Taehyung and jungkook both reached nearby the banks of han river which is like  the vein of Seoul city.  Jungkook was confused about why his hyung would want to take him to this place. But he kept his calm and decided to experience it for himself. Taehyung walked infront of him and sat in a bench and jungkook followed him. Both of them were now seated in the bench and saying nothing. After some time Taehyung took a deep breath and said 

"Jungkookah carefully listen to what hyung have to say now, it's been 3 years since we have become lovers, 3 years of us dating each other and by this time you might have already known what it takes to be the life partner of me. I just love you so much that I don't want to lose you because of my mistakes. And I promise you that I will protect you till my last breath, and I am not ready to give up on you just because of my job. I want you koo, for the rest of my life. You have healed me, comforted me and been with me which was what I needed the most. And now I want to take our relationship to next level, will you jeon jungkook marry me as your lawful husband baby?"

Jungkook was awestruck, his breath hitched and words didn't come out, this was a surprise for him. Seeing jungkook's reaction Taehyung said "Ah, it's okay, it's perfectly fine koo if you don't want to reply now or you can't accept it, it's totally fine." But jungkook cut off his words in the middle and said "Ani! hyung, it's not like I don't love you or I don't trust you, this was so sudden that's why" jungkook said timidly, taking slow breaths.

Taehyung nodded to jungkook words and before he could say something jungkook said "Hyung and the answer to your proposal..uhmm I am not ready for a marriage right now. Ah! don't feel bad okay. It's just, you are 'The Kim Taehyung' everyone knows, you are a role model for everyone out there whereas me, I am the brother of Jeon Minho. There is a great difference hyung" 

Taehyung became sad hearing that jungkook has compared him with himself. He quickly replied "Jungkookah, you don't have to prove anyone you are worthy of me. You are the one I need and that's all that matters. For me, you are Jeon Jungkook, the man I love"

Jungkook held Taehyung's hands, sensing his worry and said "It's not like that hyung. I just finished my graduation and still haven't started a career of my own. You know right I love painting and to start a coffee shop is my dream right? I want to stand on my own hyung, I am an adult who wants to work hard and also enjoy my youthful times now. For that, I need to work on my own and build my career hyung, I want an identity of my own. And marriage was something I have like planned after accomplishing this, I know you would understand me hyung..." jungkook's voice trailed of with an uncertain concern because what if? just what if Taehyung would get sad or angry over this.

A minute of pause

And Taehyung said "You are right koo, I just thought of myself right now and you are very correct on this. Even I myself have started dating and all after accomplishing my ambitions, and you also deserve to do that. I am not giving you my permission to build your career and all, it's completely your choice and I don't have a say in that okay. So, I am withdrawing my proposal for now but just wait bunny one day you will accept it, isn't it "

Jungkook warmly smiled at his lover and said "Yeah hyung, in the end you are my home right, where else I would go"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

To those who expected a yes from jungkook, I want to show the matured side of jungkook and Taehyung. Jungkook is an adult who can make his choices now. I want to show a contrast between the jungkook in the beginning and now, all of us are an individual person who is free to make decisions on ourselves. Love doesn't work jus on a proposing and accepting a 'yes' it needs time, patience and understanding, here jungkook have decided to prioritize his goals and have decided to be himself and then get married with the man he love. And Taehyung as the dream man that your author wants have stood by his decision. And to all my readers, if your partner ain't standing by you like Taehyung, there's no point in such a relationship.

💜💜💜