The beginning

Universe: Sonic X

3rd person POV

Sonic and Shadow had teamed up together to stop the evil Dr. Eggman. This was the first time they had teamed up together to fight. Sonic's friends watched the two hedgehogs defeat Eggman.

"We have to distract him in able to destroy his robots." Sonic shouted to Shadow.

"Distract Eggman and I'll deal with the robots." Shadow said.

Sonic went to distract Eggman while Shadow started destroying the other robots. After a while, the robots were destroyed and Eggman fled the scene.

"Im not finished with you two yet!" Eggman yelled.

Sonic's friends cheered for the two hedgehogs as they high five each other.

"Nice going, Shadow." Sonic said.

"Thank you, Sonic. Same thing goes for you too." Shadow said.

"I'm glad to see you guys are getting a lot with each other." Amy said.

Both hedgehogs then smiled at each other and everyone went to Sonic's house to celebrate.

"I'm glad we were all able to have this celebration party." Tails said.

"Your house is pretty nice if I say so for myself." Shadow said as he grinned at Sonic.

Sonic had a faint blush on his face. Shadow giggled at Sonic's actions.

After a few hours passed, everyone went back to their homes while Shadow stayed for a little longer. He actually wanted to know Sonic a little better than just know that he can defeat Eggman. 

"Why didn't you leave?" Sonic asked Shadow.

"Just wanted to hang out more." Shadow said.

Sonic smiled at Shadow. Then his phone went off. It was Amy calling him.

"Wassup Amy? This weekend? Bet. We'll see you there." Sonic  said as he talked to Amy on the phone.

"What was that for?" Shadow asked.

"Amy invited all of us to her house for a slumber party." Sonic said.

"Hmm, I've never been to one. Sounds pretty cool if you ask me." Shadow replied.

"We should go then. I haven't been to a slumber party in months." Sonic replied.

Shadow and Sonic kept talking for a while until Shadow was about to leave to head out to Rouge's house.

"It was a fun day today, Sonic. I guess we'll see each other this weekend." Shadow said as he left. Sonic waved Shadow goodbye and locked the front door.

"Something about him makes me feel different." Sonic said said himself.

At Rouge's house

"Had fun today?" Rouge asked.

"Yeah I did. It's nice working together with Sonic." Shadow replied.

"You guys get along so well. It's like you guys are in a love relationship." Rouge teased.

"Im not into that stuff, Rouge. Especially ever since I lost Maria." Shadow said.

"I understand." Rouge said.

"That's good." Shadow stated.

"It's late, why don't you get rest?" Rouge said.

Shadow tucked himself into bed and drifted to sleep.

Sonic's house

Sonic was checking his laptop for any new updates on the city. Which there weren't any.

"Surprised Egghead isn't on here." Sonic laughed.

He closed his laptop and went to sleep, thinking about Shadow.