Chapter 1- Nula

I look up at daddy. He looks down at me. "Are you excited for your first patient today?" He asks. I nod my tiny head excitedly. He smiles and pats my head. We look up at the huge steps to Lord Deaths home. I smile. Papa told me I had a very special patient.

We start walking up the steps, my hand in daddy's and i put one foot over the other, trying my best to keep the droopy coat behind me rather than in front of me. My tiny arms go about to the elbow of the sleeve, they are rolled up but still long and droopy. I keep hiking up the stairs looking up at daddy... He said to me:
Only you can help this patient Nula, I tried. His daddy tried, and many others have tried... But I have faith in you.
I smile at the words. Daddy trusts me. I hold a tiny suitcase, it's grey leather and covered in black stitches.

I smile happily my grey hair bobbing in two pigtails, under the coat I have a black shirt that matches daddy's and he made just for me.... and it's so cool that it matches some parts of my arms.. or so daddy said. I have a tiny black lace skirt on and silver stripped black leggings. I giggle and keep walking till we make it.

I let out a tiny breath thankful that I don't have to walk up those stairs again for a while. I look at the door. I ask in a little voice "Daddy, wat do I do to make the door not clwosed" I ask. Turning to him. One of my eyes is a dark grey, the other honey gold. He smiles "just knock on it a few times" he says simply. I nod taking a deep breath. I tap my tiny fist on the door a few times.

It opens, revealing a man in all black, the costume looking rather silly in my eyes. I look up at him and see his mask. I smile and say "Hewwo I'm Doctwr Nuwla and I'm here to fix the Patient" I say adorably. Lord death coos "awwww Stein she's adorable" and he lets us in. Stein looks at me then at death, he nods.

I smile and look around... The small hallway to the house is bigger than my room itself. I look around in wonder. I already know who the Patient is... But it's not a physical problem.... I'm here to give this person a friend wether he likes it or not. I smile "Were is the pateint Located?" I ask. Death smiles. "In his room... Two doors to the left" he points down a hall. I nod and start walking towards the door. I see it.

I take a deep breath. I knock on the door about four times... I hear a tiny voice from the door "please knock four more times then enter" the voice says sounding annoyed. I sigh and frown "but I dwont know wat count to four is" I say sadly.... I havnt learned my numbers yet. The voice on other side scoffs. "I'll finish it for you" I hear footsteps and I hear four clear knocks on the door. Then he opens it. I smile and my smile is a tad lopsided and my hair is messy. My coat on one side is saggier than the other and my eyes are different. He stares and starts twitching. "You....are not symmetrical!" He sounds scary but he has the voice and looks of a six year old.... A year older than me. I put my hands on my hips "whatevor simetrical means I have it!" I pout, not knowing what symmetry is. He frowns "I must fix you.." he pulls me inside.

He sits me on a chair, his eye is twitching. I look at him "what are you doin'?" I ask as he brings out a pair of scissors. He looks at me "making you symmetrical." He fixes my silver bangs and cuts a tiny bit here and there... He parts them in little natural parts. I let out a impateint sigh. He looks at my stitches.... One my left cheek bone... One over my right eye. He frowns, unable to do anything about that. He fixes daddy's coat and takes a step back. With a tiny sigh he nods "better." I look at myself. I don't feel any different thankfully. "Thank you kid-Chan" I smile. He looks at me slightly confused but serious. "Call me kiddo-kun" he smiles. I smile too. I hear four taps on the door. At the same time me and kid shout "please knock four more times!" And I burst out giggling. The door opens and daddy is there looking at me "time to go" he smiles, thankfully not noticing my hair. I wave to kid as I start to walk out "GOOD BAI KIDDO-KUN!" I smile and skip down the stairs. Kid watch's with a tiny blush. Daddy follows me.... This day was a complete success.