Chapter 5- Valentines

I sit in my room, curled on my "bed" and looking sad. It was Valentine's day and nobody gave me a Valentine... Most kids tormented me saying I was weird, ugly, and nobody likes me.. I sniffle a few times, Blair looks inside my room... Covered in Valentine's... "Hi Nula" she smiles, seeing my sad face she frowns "what's wrong?" She sets the pile of Valentine's on the floor and walks over.

I turn away and sniffle once more "I don't like school. I wish I was like Kid and could go to shigami classes" I pout. She just sighs "but you aren't a shiagmi..." And she pats my head.

I just sniffle and sit up. "Blair... Can you help me with something?" I ask. She nods and I show her to my desk, pulling out scissors, paper, glue, and cardboard. She takes it and watches as I grab my favorite marker... I write in my best penmanship on a red heart... She smiles.

Later that day
I sit holding something in my lap. I'm happy, Kid was planning to come over today after shigami lessons. I have a stupid smile on my face as I wait.

I hear a knock on my door and I rush to get it, I see Kid and smile... "Hi!" And I basically drag him inside. He raises a eyebrow at my unusual cheerfulness. "Um Nula?" He asks as I drag him along. I look at him and stop, letting go of his arm. "What?" I ask.

He blushes and looks at my arm "oh, uh, nothing" he looks away. I nod "alright" and I drag him once more, not realizing the heavy blush on his face.

I make him stand and I hold out a card... It's perfectly semetrical.. I hope, and I smile "happy Valentine's day Kiddo-Kun" I say adorably. The card, a red heart, which Blair made me make like this, even though I instisted on making it Scientifically accurate...but she was the boss. It has I'm my best penmanship ,"happy Valentine's day Kiddo-Kun" and I drew a number eight...

He had a tiny smile and he reaches out for the card, taking it in two hands and looking at it. I smile and Blair looks from the room and smiles.

I take a few steps and I hug him, he's about a foot taller than me.... Luckily Stein is at the DWMA or he wouldve yelled at me for hugging a boy. I hug him with no words.. He's just happy I can't see his red face... He looks down at me and then I pull away.

He fusses with one of his pockets and pulls out a bracelet... Well, two. He slips them on to either of my wrists and he smiles "happy valentines day"