Misterious evening

Italy's POV:

I was walking with Greece, going to the workplace together, when suddenly we saw France, and Germany. I was so happy to see my brother, he even came to salute us, while... Germany stayed behind, I was hoping maybe he'd come at least to be here. Nonsense, I don't need him, he's just an asshole, he thinks he can act like that all of sudden, and just throw me away.
But at least I was good with France, we talked yesterday and he's not mad at me anymore.
"So how is it going? Did you two solve the problems between you two?" He asked
"Oh yeah we're all good, we we're just disoriented and upset that day" Greece immediately answered.
"Yeah, everything it's okay, and what's... He doing there behind"
France looked back at Germany, and made a sign with his head to come. He didn't seem to agree coming and instead looked away in an arrogant way. France sighted.

"Eh... Leave him alone, you know how he can be, Italy. He's just a little grumpy, as always" then he giggled.
"Mhm.. Grumpy" Greece looked down disturbed without wanting to make eye contact with anyone.
"Ah come on Greece! Why are you always so insecure around him?" I asked
"Yeah, are you afraid of him? Awh but you have no reason to be he's such a naive cutie" France tried to calm down Greece.
Funny, Germany seemed to hear that, and he absolutely didn't like it, his face immediately turned to an offended one.
"What- how do you see him like that he's so mean and arrogant! Especially with me really"
"Hey look at his face, he's so offended" I tried to hold back my laughter. France and Greece looked at him. Greece smiled a bit amused.
"Awh come on Ger I didn't mean to offend you!" France giggled.
Usually Ger would just call us idiots and join us, but this time he just cursed on us and walked away. Ouch, that was embarrassing...I felt a bit bad for him, knowing how sensitive he used to be.
"Ger wait don't take it seriously- come on!.... Sorry guys I better go with him, I don't know what's up with him these days... See you later bro, and Greece" France turned to leave
I didn't want him to leave, I liked spending time with him.
"Oh ok, bye France"
"Bye bye!" Greece said after me.
I watched how France arrived next to Germany and he tried to explain to him that it was just a joke while walking away. I sighted and looked a bit down disappointed.
"Hey, let's keep going, Italy"
"Yeah, let's go" I said as we started our walk again.
"Have you seen how offended and ignorant he was? I know I don't get along with him since long time ago, but he changed for real! I don't understand why he's acting like this" Greece said irritated.
"Yeah, yeah... You think I haven't noticed?"
Greece looked at me and seemed to observe that I'm still upset about what happened, he pushed me a bit and then hugged my arm
"Come on Italy... I know you two were best friends, but it's better to just let him go now... He's acting awful especially to you and you shouldn't keep toxic people around."
Oh my, his comfort warmed me up. I felt much better now.

Later we arrived at the workplace, there weren't many of us since only some countries should come today. I spotted Poland and Austria talking, and Portugal was sitting worried in his place, next to Spain's one. He's usually not very worried about things, so something happened for sure. I felt my blood boiling of anxiety and went to him.
"Hey bro, what's up? You seem worried" I directly asked him.
"Hi Italy, I am indeed... Spain hasn't answered since this morning to my calls and I didn't find him home when we woke up. And you know he always says when he's going somewhere"
He was right, maybe our other brothers know where he is...
"Did you ask Romania? Or France?" I tried to find some hope.
"I did call Romania, he has no idea either and he's worried too. I just called France before you arrived and neither he knows..."
This was bad. Well maybe he is just busy and forgot to announce but, the fact that he didn't answer to anyone is scary.

After we finished work, I went with Portugal back home, so I can keep him some company. When we arrived to my house, I let him take a seat and I asked him if he'd like some snacks or something to drink, but nothing. I didn't like seeing him upset, it worried me more. Anyways we talked for a bit, and he calmed down. Later he asked for some water so I immediately got up and went to the kitchen to get some water, but on my way I noticed a bad smell. I didn't really mind I thought it's just something from outside. But when I went back to him, the smell got worse, it came from the basement.
"Hey, Italy? What's this smell?.." I didn't even notice Portugal appearing next to me.
"I.. I have no idea, it smells like..."
It smells like blood. I looked at Portugal and he looked back at me both trembling.
He rushed down, and I heard a gasp from him. What could it possibly be? I ran after him panicked and what was in front of him, almost made me faint...

"ITALY?!!! WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!! YOU DID THIS!!!! Portugal cried. I couldn't even move, I just stared at Spain's corpse.
"ANSWER ME!!! WHAT DID YOU DO?!" Portugal screamed as he fell on his knees and tried to pick up Spain.
"I... I DON'T... I HAVE NO IDEA!"
"YOU HAVE NO IDEA? His neck it's literally purple and full of dried blood with open cuts!!!! YOU STRUGGLED HIM TILL HE DIED?!! WHAT THE HELL IT'S WRONG WITH YOU!!!"
"BUT- I swear I didn't do anything!!! I have no idea what happened and why is he here!!!" But it was useless.
I stared at Spain in terror hoping he's not truly dead. I tried to approach him and help Portugal, but he pushed me away. I can't believe what I'm seeing.
Suddenly, as I was looking into Spain's eyes, he fixed his look on me and flinched a bit. He was alive!!
.
.
.
.
.

Thank you for reading! This is the end of the book "Darkest Sunset". There will be a next one coming soon, continuing the mysterious and dramatic story, called " Darkest Sunset, the Faith".