PROLOGUE

"Attorney Lee, the papers have been sent."

I just woke up when my secretary called me because he said that he already sent the papers that I ordered him to give to our new workers at the law firm. I immediately got up from my bed to get ready because I need to meet the new lawyers.

I just wore plain white long sleeves and beige trousers then match it with a white coat and white high heels. I took my car keys and left the condo and went to the parking area to drive to the law firm. When I left the parking lot, it's raining again so it was a mistake that I wore white.

My phone rang and I picked it up as soon as I saw that it was my secretary.

"They're all here Attorney. Your mom and dad are looking for you. We're just waiting for you so the orientation can start."

"I'm on my way, there's a lot of traffic here." I said before hanging up the phone.

When arrived at the law firm, I was in a hurry because I'm not used to being late especially now that attorneys are waiting for me.

After an hour, their orientation about the rules and regulations of the law firm was also completed. I was sitting in one of the swiveling chairs. I stayed here with mom and dad because they were going to say something important to me.

"Mom,"

"Yun seo, did you hear that one of our best criminal lawyers died? Mr. Cha."

Mr. Cha is the best criminal lawyer we have here and he has been working at this law firm for a long time even before I took over from dad to handle this law firm. As far as I know, Mr. Cha  died because of illness or maybe it's some kind of illness related to old age.

"Yeah, what about it?"

"I can't find an attorney that can be better as Mr. Cha So I searched on the internet," Mom said with a hint of nervousness in her tone of voice but I don't know what she was nervous about.

"Don't worry about it mom, I'll find the best Criminal lawyer." I assured her.

"The things is, I already found someone who can be a replacement for Mr. Cha. I think Attorney Park Jimin is capable-"

"No way." I immediately cut her off when I heard his name.

I heard a quick silence from the room.

"There's no way your hiring that man," 

"Yun Seo," Dad spoke trying to calm me down "remember what I said? Don't let personal feelings affect your work. We searched for the best lawyers out there and believe me, almost all of them are not free for us. We can hire the services of Attorney Park. He's among the best criminal law-"

"I swear to god, Dad, if you hire that cheater asshole. I will leave the company," I said firmly.

"Uh..." My Dad cleared his throat "but he's now on his way."

"Fuck!" I said annoyed and stormed out.

"Secretary Min, if the Attorney came, tell him I'm not around, tell him I didn't go to work today." I said as I rushed to grab my bag.

I didn't let him speak anymore and left my office. I quickly walked out the door but I also quickly backed away when I bumped into a man's chest. I looked at him irritated but I also froze when I realized who I bumped into.

He was wearing a charcoal grey button down dress shirt with a black neck tie and a pair of black slacks. Other employees were looking at him, probably attracted by his physical appearance. I could smell his familiar scent which brought back a lot of memories.

Our eyes met but he immediately looked away and acted like he didn't know me.

Like he didn't love me.

Or did he really?

"Excuse me, miss," He said coldly.

Like he didn't hurt me.

"Sorry, you're standing in my way." He said.

Like he didn't fool me.

At all.