CHAPTER 5

Michael's POV

"Oya talk"

"What?"

" How long have you liked Ella?"

I slammed the brakes. Was I that obvious?

" I don't know what you're talking about" I lied

"Boy, don't make me slap some sense into you" she threatened

" But I don't know...OWWW!

Jade just slapped the back of my head so hard I could have sworn the tree in front of me just turned white.

" Don't play with me. Now, how long unless you want me to hit you somewhere that the sun doesn't shine,"

I immediately winced. Sighing, I got out of the car and walked to a bench that was a little way in front of us. I sat down and Jade sat beside me and we stared at the scenery. It was a cool evening and the spot we sat gave us a calming view of the sunset.

Turning to answer Jade, I paused the reality of the question finally sinking into me. I actually had no idea when I fell for that girl. Admittedly, I had no feelings for her from the onset of our friendship but as time grew on, I started to notice little things about her that I never saw before.

Her lips that curled into a cute smile or a mischievous smirk.

Her skin has an ethereal glow in the evening sunlight.

Her general sense of adventure.

Basically, I loved every single part of her, but I was scared of what my feelings would do to our relationship. Telling myself it was a bad idea; I threw myself into other relationships hoping to drown my feelings in the presence of another person but the only things I got from any of the old flings were more reasons to love Ella.

" I honestly don't know; I just know lately we've gotten even closer and now I don't know what to do," Sighing I turned to Jade hoping that she didn't hate me for this, but she was blankly staring at me. After about a minute of silent staring, I was starting to get creeped out, but her face broke out in smiles, and she let out a shrill squeal.

" So, you finally admit to liking her? I was honestly getting tired of you guys' cluelessness. But then again, I'm highly perceptive so I don't blame y'all. ANYWAY, I'm definitely getting the feeling that this is going to be like a classic cliche: Best friends turned couple."

" I wouldn't say..."

" And I get to fan girl you all the way!"

" But Jade..."

" When are you going to tell her? When do you think you'll have your first date? Do you see kids in the near future? I'll obviously be an amazing aunt," she said winking at me

" I'm not telling her, I don't know and seriously, Jade?! Marriage?!! We aren't even out of college!"

She pouted

" Why? You have to tell her! I can't be a fan girl if it's a secret!"

" I don't want to ruin our friendship. It might be completely ruined if I say anything"

Not to mention I'd be crushed if she said No

Jade gave a sinister smile

" Jade, nothing good ever happens when you smile like that. What are you going to do?" I said worriedly.