Chapter twenty-five bound for a home

Arthur followed behind Atlas watching the way she walked, it was as if she was ready for a fight constantly. He followed her as he heard something. 

"Atlas" Arthur said as Atlas stopped and turned. 

"Yeah, I hear it, water. There must be a river nearby." Atlas listened for a second before heading right in the direction of the sound of the water. 

Atlas pulls back a branch entering a clearing where there is a running river filled with crystal blue water. Arthur walked behind her seeing the water and smiled. 

"Fish!" Arthur said as Atlas nodded. 

"Yep, food for trading" Atlas said and handed him her knife.

"Have at it" she said as he looked at her. 

"What?" Arthur questioned. 

"You want to learn, here is your chance." Atlas said as Arthur took the knife, Atlas walked over and began picking some berries from a plant. 

"Okay Arthur you got this" he said trying to hype himself up. He took the lab coat off and tossed it on the bank of the river where it wouldn't get wet. Arther turned back and walked into the water slowly watching the fish move around, he quickly swept at the fish catching one on the blade 

"HA!" He smiled as he threw the fish on the bank. Atlas turned around to see Arthur standing in the middle of the river, his lab coat was missed, and Atlas saw something she never thought she would see. 

Arthur stood there, he was wearing blue jeans and a black tank top which had been hidden by the coat, that or Atlas just didn't notice. There was one thing she was most certain she didn't notice before though, this would be the size of his arms. She wasn't sure if he had worked out before or if it was just the light, but it made her feel a little dizzy thinking about how large his arms were as he stabbed the fish with the blade happily. 

Atlas turned back to the plants that she was harvesting thinking she might get a good payoff from Miss Evelin, she had hopes to find some more of those flowers from earlier today so she could learn how to make that special tea. 

"Atlas!" Arthur yelled as she looked back to see him holding three fish on her knife, she let out a small giggle as he smiled. 

"How many do we need?" Arthur said as he looked at Atlas. 

"As many as we can carry" Atlas said as she began to put more plants into her bag. Suddenly Atlas heard a noise. 

"DEATH AWAITS" The voice called out as Atlas's eyes widened. 

"ARTHUR, we got to go!" Atlas grabbed her bag as Arthur looked confused, he left the fish and darted out of the water after Atlas. 

"Atlas what is it?" Arthur said running beside her. 

"That's the signal! Avery has herself a monster." Atlas said as Arthurs eyes widened with terror. 

Arthur and Atlas ran towards Avery's signal to find Avery and Abraham fighting a giant monster, it was half wolf and half demon, something with horns and a wolf tail but the entire body was on fire. 

"Ave's!" Atlas ran to Avery tackling her out of the way of an attack. 

"Thanks! Good to see you heard the signal!" Avery said as Atlas nodded getting up grabbing her axe. 

Atlas and Avery rose to their feet Abraham was behind the monster and Arthur was standing back about twenty feet in terror. 

"Arthur, stay there do not get near it let us handle it." Atlas said as Arthur nodded.