Her Kink

Jennie

The chill in Lisa's apartment is hardly noticeable as I cross and uncross my legs nervously. She's in the bathroom doing god knows what while I endure the agonising wait for what is to come. I'd received a text from Lisa while at work.

Lisa

"Need to talk to you. Come by after work."

Lisa doesn't text a lot, and her tone is always so difficult to discern from simple words on a screen. The old 'need to talk' text was always a dreaded one, regardless of who it's from. My leg jiggles anxiously as I hear the bathroom door unlock.

I watch as she closes the door behind her, then makes her way over to me. She didn't make eye contact, or even look at me for that matter, only increasing my sense of dread. Is she going to break things off with me? We've been seeing each other for a few months now and despite the difficulties I'd encountered, I really enjoy her company.

She sits awkwardly beside me, still not looking in my direction, but rather fixes her eyes on the scratched floorboards.

"Hi." She says quietly.

"Hey." I breathe, not intending to sound as terrified as I do. "You wanted to talk about something?" She nods.

"I want to." She says simply. My brow furrows in confusion. Wants to what? And then I put the pieces together. Lisa's preferences with touching had prevented the two of us getting intimate, and if I wasn't mistaken, this was her telling me she was ready. My stomach flipped and hands began shaking a little.

"Are you sure? You don't need to feel pressured on my account—"

"I want to." She repeats, sounding more confident this time. The two of us remain silent for a moment, then she lets out a sigh. "I've been ready for a while." I raise an eyebrow at this.

"What stopped you?"

"I wasn't sure if you'd want to." I have to hold back a laugh.

"Jennie, I wanted to the second I saw you." The corner of her mouth quirks upward at my admission.

"It's not as simple as that." She explains. "I'm don't... I don't like what other people like." The last part comes out slightly strangled. This is clearly difficult for her to discuss.

"Everyone has their kinks, Lisa. As long as it's not, I don't know, animals or some weird shit like that I'm sure it's fine." I reassure her, hoping to god it really wasn't too weird. I knew the second I met Lisa that she was a little fucked up, but so was I. It's what made it work. It's what gave the two of us an unparalleled understanding of each other.

She inhales deeply, and meets my gaze for the first time since I stepped foot in her apartment.

"Can I... Can I tie you up?" My heart stops. Suddenly I can't even feel the subzero temperatures of Jennie's apartment, my entire body feels hot. I never imagined Lisa would ask such a thing of me, and that alone makes it unbelievably attractive.

My mind was racing so hard that I didn't even register the fact that the two of us had been silent for a good few minutes now, and Lisa shakes her head and goes to stand.

"I shouldn't have asked—" She mutters, but I gently touch her arm.

"No, I was just surprised is all." She doesn't sit back down, and shakes my hand off her.