*chapter 2*

I could feel myself waking up as I felt the cold breeze sweep past me. I groaned before opening my eyes. Mixed colors of orange and yellow tinted the sky as the sun begins to set. I placed my hand on the cold pavement as I pushed myself off the ground and into a sitting position.

I rubbed my face as the events flashed back in front of me. I was still feeling weak and lightheaded but I need to rescue Kyla. I need to get my best friend back. But here I am sitting on the cold ground because I was too weak to stand up.

I need blood.

My inner monster was coming out. I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose. One of the things I hate doing was drinking blood, I've always despised my vampire side everytime it comes out.

"Meow" I snapped my head and watched with hungry eyes as a cat emerge from the dark alley. I can feel my eyes turning red and my blood rushing faster.

"Meow" I was about to shoo it away but the realization of me needing blood right now hit me. I closed my eyes and rested my head on the wall before opening it again.

"Come here" I motioned for the cat to come near me, careful to be gentle with my actions so that it won't get scared and ran away. It looked at me before following my hand as it jumps into my lap and purrs into it.

Wrong move.

Suddenly all I could see was red when the smell of blood hit my nostrils. I softly caressed it back as I let my fangs come out. I lift the cat up to look into its eyes.

"I'm sorry" I told it before I let my inner monster take control. It squirmed against my grip as my fangs enter its skin. I moaned in pleasure as I tasted blood. Not drinking for weeks has its toll. I could feel myself be energized as I gulp the blood down. I let go of the cat and closed my eyes momentarily as my fangs begin to form back.

I opened my eyes to see the full moon shining brightly. I stood up, careful to not step or look at the dead cat. I looked down at myself. I needed to go home so that my mom won't get worried. My clothes were all wrinkled and there was a darker shade of red down my lower abdomen if you would look closely.

I sighed and thanked above for me wearing a red flannel and black jeans. I straightened my hair before walking towards Kyla's cellphone, dialing her mom's number.

"Hello?" Her mom picked up on the third ring. I cleared my throat and mentally prayed that I won't sound as horrible as I feel.

"Hey Ms. Woodwork so uh can Kyla stay here with me tonight?" I asked surprised that my voice was clear and straight. I guess I need to drink blood everytime I need to lie.

"Yeah sure but I would have liked if she was the one to tell me that" Oh no her mother voice is coming think fast Ava!

"Oh uh she fell asleep so I uh thought that you know to call you for her" That has got to be the worst lie ever. She's never gonna believe that. I let out a silent frustrated sigh and pinched my nose again.

Ava? You there?"

"What? Oh yeah what were you saying I'm sorry" I let out a light chuckle and surprisingly she did too.

"I was wondering if she could stay there for a week or two because I'm going to a business trip for awhile and I thought that maybe she-"

"Yes! That would be perfect!" I literally screamed, cutting her off.

"Oh I uh I mean-" Her laughing cut me off.

"No it's okay I'll just go ahead and call your mom to-"

"Oh no need!" I screamed again. Shit stop screaming you're gonna blow it.

"I uh I kind already yelled it so yeah" Ha! I'm such a liar. Ms Woodwork laughs.