7

We eventually did end up going back to the room because Joshua started falling asleep standing.

We are cuddled up together again and Joshua is softly singing again. This time a much more soft and sincere song.

He continued the song in a soft hush tone and voice. It was so comforting. I am starting to believe that, that is his hidden talent. Comfort. Suddenly a very funny, yet stupid idea pops up into my mind.

"Wow that's one of my favorite songs. You sounded so pretty singing it." I said.

"Oh really. Then i am glad that you enjoyed it." He said with a bright smile. There was silence for a good few moments before I started with the cringiest song I know.

"Do you know the muffin man,
The muffin man,
the muffin man,
Do you know the muffin man,
That lives on Drury Lane?" I sang. It sounded so false but it made the both of us laugh so hard. And through laughing and wheezing he decided to continue.

"Oh, yes, I know the muffin man,
The muffin man,
The muffin man,
Oh, yes, I know the muffin man,
That lives on Drury Lane..." He sounded much better than I did, but that just made it the whole lot better.

After a good 10 minutes of laughter it finally settled down.

"What was that for?" Joshua said curiously. I just looked at him and smiled brightly.

"I wanted to lift the mood up. It was starting to get to sad for my liking." I said while proceeding to try and roll myself so that my back was facing him. See i don't mind cuddling like we usually do but my right side is starting to kill me.

"That was a good choice then." He said as I moved into the position I wanted to be in. He pulled me closer and I could feel his breath on my neck as we fell into a comfortable silence.

----

We were walking down the street to the club where we had met the first time. It was a warm sunny day. And the streets were filled with people as usual. Up ahead I saw Nathen and a young girl talking. She looked Indian but I can be wrong.

"Hello there." I said trying to sound cool. Big fail if Joshua's held back laugh was anything to go by.

"Hey Mia." Nathen said with a slight chuckle. The girl just waved her hand. She was honestly cute. She had long slick hair and was wearing... A summer dress?

"Oh hi I'm Aakifa." She said. She sounded so friendly. We shook hands. All of a sudden I could feel someone hugging me from the back. I know it wasn't Joshua because I could still see him. I turned around and saw Sun-Ji with a bright smile on her face.

"Hello there." She imitated me this time. Which was spot on. She took my hand and lead me into the club. When I looked around the place and there were so many people talking and dancing to the loud music.

Everything was neon themed. At the bar we got ourselves some drinks. This place doesn't serve any alcohol at all. I got myself a dry lemon and the others got mix sodas or milkshakes. We got a table at the back corner of the club.

You could get high from the vibe and music. Everyone else here looked like they were having a great time. Me and Sun-Ji were dancing on the main floor and singing our hearts out with all the others. Joshua was talking to Nathen, but I could feel his burning gaze on me through out the entire time here.

Some time later clap by SEVENTEEN started playing and I looked at Joshua. I sang and danced through the whole song while looking at him. When the song stopped I went back to the table to get some energy back and sat down next to him. I felt his soft hand on mine as I just sat and waited.