9

Where is Joshua?

I looked around again just to make sure. But nobody is here. It's just me here. I stand up slowly and placed the wolf that was on my lap on the ground. I walked around the pond and started walking the same path we used to come here back to the city.

"Joshua? Josh! Hello!? Where are you?" I shouted as I walk back. I don't get it why would he just disappear like that. It was strange, very strange.

I was back in town when I saw Nathen. I walked up to him. He heard me coming and turned around and looked at me. At first he smiled but then it faded when he saw my concerned expression.

"What's wrong?" He asked me. I just looked at him for a moment before I let out a breath and almost started crying. I could stop myself this time.

"I can't find Joshua. We fell asleep last night but I woke up he was gone. It's strange. He never just disappeared like that before." I told him. He just looked at me before his eyes went wide. He looked extremely concerned.

"I am sure he is fine. But I am sorry to say that it won't help to try and look for him." He said slowly. What? Why not.

"Why not? You won't know unless we try." I tried to convince him. But he just continued looking very concerned. He just shook his head.

"Trust me when I tell you that there is no use. You will probably see him again one day but for now I just need you to trust me on this." He said.

----

I was in Josh's apartment and just remembered my life for a bit. I saw a pack of cards on his table. It reminded me of high school. There was this one time where our class was on supervision at a teacher and the boys decided to play cards against humanity. It was super funny.

At that moment we were only 2 girls in the class and 5 boys. I didn't play because I was busy with something.

It started of normal but got super weird closer to the end. I remember crying of laughter at the end of it.

There was another time also in high school where me and one of my classmates decided to just dance. That was an epic fail and I never felt more embarrassed in my life as I did at that moment.

Now that I think about it, high school wasn't that bad. It was actually some of my best times in my life. I'll never forget any off that. Even the time I accidentally threw my phone off of the 3rd floor. That thing worked for a full year after that. Thank you Android.

I look at the cards and decided to play with them. I couldn't find Sun-Ji either. I wonder what's going on. I heard that a few other also disappeared.

I decided to go find Nathen again. I walked out of the apartment. And got soaked in the rain. I wasn't even aware that it was raining. It didn't bother me this time because there was no thunder. But I walked around and went to the park. Nobody was out on the streets except me. All the places were closed as well.

I walked around the pond and onto the path that lead to the small hill me and Josh went to. I then proceeded to walk passed the hill and onto the coastline. The sea was aggressive and the tides were high.

I walked to the tree door that lead to the small pond we were last night. It was still raining but it didn't bother me. I guess I was just to sad to care. I went to the pond and didn't see a single animal there. But I noticed a small entrance to something. Considering I have nothing to do I decided to go through it. It lead me to this almost house looking place. There was a bed, fridge and there was a fire going. There were no windows or anyway of light except for the lanterns against the wall.

But there was a board with a bunch of notes and pictures on it. There were pictures of random doors but in each picture there were 2 identical doors.

Just then I heard footsteps behind me I turn and see Nathen looking at me with shocked eyes. I look at the pictures. And then looked him while pointing at the pictures.