10

*Beep* I heard a machine beeping. It sounded like a normal heart machine in a hospital. I slowly crack my eyes, but then shut as fast as I opened them. The lights were extremely bright and painful.

I slowly let me eyes scrunch open again. I took my time with adjusting. There were no noises at all just. The beeping and my own thoughts.

When my eyes adjusted I looked around. And saw i was laying in a type of hospital bed but there was nothing else in the room. Except for the machine. There was a window but the blinds were down so I couldn't see outside.

I tried to move my arm but it was extremely uncomfortable. I grunted out of frustration. I looked around for a bit more and saw a plain white door.

There was nothing on it. The walls in the room were a soft peach color. The room reminded me of Joshua's comfort. Joshua. I made the right choice. I wonder how Nathen is though. I have to make a mental note to try and find him on the internet soon when I am out of here.

I heard footsteps approach the door and the door slightly opening. A doctor came in. When he saw that my eyes were open. He smiled brightly at me. He looked like an African American, but I could be wrong. He was wearing all white and was bold sadly. But hey the bold people are usually the smart ones. Out of personal experience I can say that with respect.

"I see you are finally awake. Welcome back. You have been asleep for 2 years now. It's good to know you made it." He said and then proceeded to write something on a small board.

Did he say 2 years. Like 24 months? How? It only felt like a few days.

"Can you move arm?" I tried to move my arm. It was a sad attempt, but it was the best I could do. He just nodded his head and then wrote something down.

-----

It has been a few months since I woke up and I had finally fully recovered. I was going back home today, but sadly not alone.

"Are you ready? Why are you still sitting there let's go. " My grandma decided to get me a roommate. So that I don't live alone, but here's the catch. That roommate is the my old high school enemy.

So if this is going to work out I don't know. I will not be surprised if he was the one who had hit me back then. We were the same age he also had darkish hair, but in my opinion he was an idiot. His name is Adrian.

He is a pain in the ass and why he agreed to this I don't know.

My grandmother drove me back to my apartment while giving me a speech for the 100th time since I woke up about being careful or else she is going to look like a bad grandmother. She is. She just needs to learn to except it. And learn that nobody cares.

When we arrive at my apartment, I saw that the lobby was as empty as usual. We got to my door when she got a call and just left without saying goodbye. I didn't know what to expect when I woke up, but it certainly wasn't this.

I opened up my door and walked. I went to the kitchen. And there in all his ugly glory. Stood the devil himself. Adrian. He wasn't wearing a shirt. He was literally only in boxers and he was busy making food for himself.

"Hello to you too." I said. My voice was extremely gruffy ever since I awoken from the coma. I'm not sure why though.

He turned his head to look at me. For once ever in his lifetime he gave me a smile. The actual Flip? Let me give some more context. He used to be a ex friend of mine's boyfriend. So I find it both creepy , annoying and terrifying at the same time. I have absolutely no idea how to feel about it but I'm not liking it that's for sure.

"Oh your here. Take a seat foods almost ready." He said to friendly for it to be good.

"I'm not hungry." I mumbled. There is no way in hell, that I am eating his food. What if it's poisoned. I would still like to try and find Joshua one day, thank you very much.