Chapter thirty eight: Still going into the woods

Climbing down the black ladder. Climbing down the blue ladder. Climbing down the red ladder. Climbing down an even and sturdy oversized building side landing. Then to my wonder I was so curious. Coming to a black door, a blue door, and a red door. I had finally made my decision. The choice was very clear. Maybe just too clear. I entered through the blue door and my body entered that ghost state of mind feeling. Black-and-white. Gray-and-white. In full color. Then the brightest lights hit down on me and in seconds I was magically gone. Into his memory. Into his unknown childhood memory. Was he ashamed? Was he hurt? Was he was once nice? Was he once respectful? I knew nothing but I had wished I knew something. Right in front of me that same person except only smaller and only weaker. Barely talking. Barely walking. But hiding a dark truth on the inside. Deep on the inside. The image played like a movie or a television show. It played like an once forgotten memory or a flashback. Father angry. Mother angry. And him in the spotlight for the wrong reason again. And not the right reason. School was rough. He had cried. Earlier walking into this big scary high school. Just taking the best way you know how to talk. But somehow trouble finds you and gets you in the back. He had said the entire truth but no one had even believed him. Me and him weren't best friends back in high school but then we got along much better. The bully. The car. The big fight. The biggest change to happen to him. Mary Mac Joy was his desk mate. She had curly and short light blonde hair with left bangs, light skin, gray eyes, light blonde face freckles, light blonde nose freckles, a light blonde mark under her left sided eye, a light blonde mark on the left side of her face, a light blonde mark under her right sided eye, a light blonde mark on the right side of her face, pink eye shadow, pink lipstick, light blonde mascara, and a skinny body build. He had hit her pink car by accident but the girl would never push pass caution. She name called. He name called. She hit and pushed. He hit and pushed. He lost to his girlfriend. And that really destroyed him. The next day she goes to a hotel room and finds out that she's being closely watched. She leaves for town permanently and never comes back. He feels left out and rejected. Our surprisingly close-knit relationship is ruined. We are both affected deeply permanently.

-

I looked up and there was her ghost. The ghost I had disliked during the high school years. But without a clear decision I decide to hold hands with the disliked ghost. Without seconds I am in front of the fast moving car and have an important decision to make. I flashed my turned on flashlight and she stops driving. She steps out of the car and she hugs me for the first time. I had just prevented her car accident and saved her life. Love is life's medicine.

-

Now we returned hand-in-hand and luckily both alive. For the first time we can move on. We likely each other. And we no longer dislike each other. And soon we walk down that path together. Returning home I bring home his long lost love. And I am finally accepted back into his life. The three of us back together again. Actually just like back in high school. Woods High School shaped us but our futures shaped us even more. The couple and the new hero. I know in my heart I had did the right thing. Love is the medicine of love. And we all need it. Somehow. So.

-

Hugs and I return home. I am greeted and feel warm on the inside. Deep on the inside. So very happy. Alive. Laughing. Smiling. Pretty. Amazing. Brave.