bit of Bucko's past: Freaks

Bucko:......

Bucko's mom: *driving*......

Woolly: well....it's awfully quiet. Might as well introduce myself. I am Amdrei. But I go by Woolly. And you are, Ma'am?

Bucko's mom:.......Stealtha ei ai se tofo uiga ese mo alii, ioe?

Bucko: *nods*

Woolly: uh, okay then. *looks down*

Bucko: *stretches* mmmm....*falls asleep*

In the past......................................................

Bucko: ! *roars and wakes up*

Maria: *in the bathroom, brushing her teeth* another nightmare?

Bucko: *pants* yeah. *rubs his neck*

Maria: *puts down her toothbrush* Bucko.....we need to talk about our bills.

Bucko: *gets up* I'm still trying to find a job. *puts on his pants*

Maria: Bucko. The landlord said we have a week to pay our rent and the bills! We don't have any money! We're hanging by a thread....and I don't want our family to be homeless. *walks to a baby crib*

Bucko: *sighs* I know, I know. But trust me. *walks to her and hugs her from behind* we'll get through this, we always have.

Maria: mmmm, I hope so. For John.

Baby John: *coos*

Bucko: I will not put him through that. *grabs his phone* I'm gonna go make a call. *walks out*

Maria: *carries baby John*

Bucko: *outside the bedroom* come on pick up....

Stealthy: *answers* hello?

Bucko: Stealthy, I'm in a bit of a trouble here? Can you please lend me some money?

Stealthy: sorry, coz. No can do. Me and Stealtha have financial problems of our own.

Bucko: please, Stealthy. Just a few bucks at least to keep the landlord off my back.

Stealthy: sorry, Bucko. I can't. I gotta go, business is calling. Best of luck to your family. *hangs up*

Bucko: dammit...*puts his phone away*.....hmmm. *looks around before walking to a closet*

Bucko then opened the closet, revealing his big ass Bucket inside. He remembered a promise he made not too long ago to never wear it again as it'll remind him of the bloodshed and pain from his past as a soldier in the Vietnam War.

Bucko: *sighs and grabs the Bucket* I know I promised I wouldn't wear you.....but desperate times come desperate measures..*about to put it on*

Maria: Bucko!

Bucko: !? *drops the Bucket*

Maria: *walks to him* you promise me you would never wear that thing again....ever.

Bucko: I know. *picks up the Bucket* but I may need to break that promise if it means to bring us back up. *puts it in his coat*

Maria: we could figure something out, Bucko. I don't want you to lose yourself.

Bucko: I'm gonna go and find a job. I will be back. *kisses her forehead* keep your mom company, my son. *kisses his forehead before walking out*

Maria: please don't do anything you'll regret....

Later at bar, Bucko met up with his two friends who were part of his squad in the war. Slick the raptor and George the Gorilla.

Bucko: I don't know, guys. *drinks* things have been rough with my family. I can barely provide for them. And it's not just that. Everywhere I go I get these nasty looks from people. It hurts.