Chapter 17 || Youthful Days

~☀️~

Scarred Rose

~☀️~

(Kakyoin: 10 yrs old)

"Wakey wakey my dearest sunshine~"

A typical morning greeting repeating almost everyday woke up a slumbering red haired junior covered up in his favorite fruit patterned blanket.

With the changing of seasons, the only child of the Noriaki household really find it hard to get out from the comfort of his own safe place.

'It's warm, I like warm, my friend also like the warm, like me'

Further sinking in the blankets, as if rooting himself there never to get out and be stuck in his own hopefully neverending warm wonderland, safe from the freezing bone chilling cold outside.

'Its like in my dreams, hehe, my own warm blanket wonderland! I'll never get out of here!'

Still half asleep, a smile formed in his lips, covering his one front tooth missing due to an accident...

An accident like any other many he had experienced, but this one truly left a mark on him, which also was one that fueled his distaste to the season where hymns of Christmas songs waver along the streets.

Despite the head nods of disapproval unseen by the boy, a comforting smile broke upon the face of the mother aiming to wake up her dearest good son. Moving in closer, she gently took hold of the sides of the blanket and sneaked a little peek upon the boy under it now attempting to dream of a wonderland he oh so dearly wished for. She felt bad for waking him up from his gentle doze off, shrugging her shoulders , she knew needed to put first the future for her shy child, and that is his education.

"Kakyoin, baby, I made you breakfast honey, you need to get up or else you're gonna be late for your first day of school"

Her gentle voice prompt Kakyoin to finally decide to wake up, with a few minutes of his pre waking up procedure of slow mo eyes blinking, a yawn here and there, sitting up, and rubbing the sleep from his eyes, and also the crusty morning star he would find himself having every morning.

His mother still yet waiting for him patiently, she aimed her eyes at the open window of her sons room. Unlike her son, Mrs. Noriaki actually loved winter, since it was the day Kakyoin survived and woke up from what thought was a normal fever, but was actually an unidentified case, the temperature of the once 8 year old boy enough to cause 1st degree burns all over his body, with a mysterious appearance of a rose like 2nd degree burn/scar on his neck.

"Mom, ar- *yawn* are you okay? Do we eat now?"

Snapped out from her thoughts, her eyes darted towards where the rose shaped scar was, and as suddenly it appeared in that specific rush to the hospital 2 years ago, it just disappeared, yet for some reason, the 1st degree burns was still needed to be treated, with the same materials still stored in their first aid cabinet.

'And hopefully we won't need anymore'

A rumbling of a stomach was all they heard as a bashful Kakyoin stared at his mother with hands on the top of his stomach patting it down to be quiet.