Chapter 7 || Red String

~*~

Tying itself up

Sealing the fates

Of two people

Lost in a never ending chase

~*~

You find yourself locked in place, not even planning to move and see how the scene will play out. Fingers, as cold as ice meet contact in your left cheek, and as soon as he could feel the warmth in your face, teardrops went and rolled out of his eyes. A smile curled up in his face.

"...it-it's not just a coincidence right? You- your looking at me right?"

"Please...tell me... can you see me..? This isn't an illusion right? "

As soon as his scratchy voice uttered those words, both hands now fully cupping your face gently, his form in a kneeling position, facing your body so he could have a better view towards the girl. A heavy feeling formed in your stomach, a sudden warm stinging in your eyes; a telltale of the incoming tears slowly escaping, face now mirroring the boy in front of you.

The atmosphere filled with sadness radiating and coming from the two of you. Bobbing your head down, and trying your best to wipe your tears. A few sobs escaping in your mouth, making it hard for you to fully choke out the words he desperately need to hear...

"Y-yes, I can s-see you. I-I...finally... I finally met you"

Encasing his hands with yours, you closed your eyes, a smile like his slowly creeping out of your face. A flurry of emotions unfamiliar to you surged throughout your body, the once sadness echoing in your heart are now erased and is now filled with happiness and...relief.

Everything seemed to slow down and stop, with only the two of you basking in each others presence. The feeling that someone has finally rescued you from drowning in the sea of despair, finally, the two each have someone to see them.

After a few minutes, sobs was no longer rattling both your throats, the atmosphere falling into a peaceful one. Opening your eyes, you revealed glossy (e/c) eyes, staring at his that are still locked in gaze in yours, without thinking you let out words that made his dead heart beat.

"Hey... Can we be friends? Mr. Stranger?" Swimming in your eyes are determination, and sincerity to befriend and help this stranger locked alone in a locker that was owned by someone. Shock was spread in his face, that is until his eyes softened, he leaned his forehead towards yours, eyes closed.

"Of course. I would love to be your friend......Y/N" Fortunately for him, the last words Kakyoin uttered went past your ears due to his whispering, coming out as mere gibberish spoken under his breath.

Sadly, the growling of your stomach interrupted the quite strange and warm reunion of the once strangers, now friends. Forcing your eyes close in shame, Kakyoin could feel your face warming up even more, and as he opened his eyes, he was met with a little tomato head in front of him.

A raspy yet no less joyful chuckle went past his lips, the blood rushing in your face now almost driven by adrenaline and making your face turn a darker shade of red.

"Uhh, I'm (Y/N), uhh, why won't we snacks..?" With his forehead and hands leaving your personal space, and now face to face, you were mesmerized by his features.

"Beautiful"

If Kakyoin could blush, he would be, but in place of that, his hand instinctively covered his lower face to hide a nonexistent blush. Taking notice of your inquiry about his name. He faced you and started to come out of the locker.

Kakyoin already knows food are one of the treasures of life he could no longer enjoy, yet your presence was more than enough to cover for it.

More than enough...

A warm tingling feeling spread throughout him, with the same intensity of yours. For a long time, he can finally have a companion, a friend. A person who can finally make him feel he existed in this dull reality he had lived for a long time. Walking endlessly, not knowing anything, only the house....and sudden nostalgic things that most often slip past his mind, and thrown in an abyss, never to be retrieved.

Now he can hopefully find solace with this (h/c) petite girl offering him company and friendship. Without further ado, he offered his hand. With you shaking it.

"Im....Kakyoin" He uttered in a slight shaky voice, as the name that has been occupying his mind and randomly pops out was the one he decided to name himself. His confidence fading away, thoughts of you finding his name peculiar, of this as all a delusion of him, of you as only part of his imagination again...

Please be real... He chanted to himself.

But when you encased his larger hand and squeezed it in a comforting manner as you felt that same strange feeling and inner turmoil. To reassure the doubts the boy who was named Kakyoin have in his mind, you did what you thought would be best, brushing away the awkwardness of touching a boy your age. Even worse, a boy you befriended a few minutes ago!

With a relieved sigh, and a few encouraging words to himself. He finally let those thoughts plaguing his mind slowly drift away, letting much more positive ones flash like a dam broken. A deed he had always thought and wanted popped up, gathering enough courage, he finally let his mouth open.

"Can-can I hug you?" Embarrassed and at the same time happy, he awaited for your your 'No', but how fast he did light up after hearing your reply. A nod from you was all it took to make him happy to the core as you agreed in his peculiar request. You felt yourself smile as you saw how his eyes flashed up like Christmas lights.

Like a child.

Feeling his cold body in yours, you offered a pat in his back, a sign that you were not gonna leave him out like a kitten neglected by its owner. Instead you find his clinginess..cute in some way.

As Kakyoin broke the hug, you both walked towards the destination you were originally supposed to go. Fortunately, there was still a solid 20 minutes for you to get to know and help your new friend.

"Would you like to accompany me for snacks Kakyoin?"

You received was a nod and a blissful smile.

~~~~~~~~~

Ctto of the artwork in the cover.