I Blow Up A Water Fountain

Percie POV

Detention sucked.

It was me, Nathan, and this guy who looked like he was too high on drugs to care about the fact that he was in detention.

"Mrs. Shay, can I use the bathroom?" I asked. She nodded without looking up.

I took my time on the way to and from the bathroom.

"What's taking so long, Jackson?" I froze when I realized he'd followed me.

"What do you want, Nathan?"

"You're the reason I'm here." He growled. "I want revenge."

I backed up, feeling my back hit the water fountain. "Umm...I-I'm pretty sure that's your fault....for tryna hit me."

"C'mere Jackson!" He lunged at me. I darted out of the way of his wild swing. When you live with an abusive stepmom, you learn to dodge a punch pretty effectively.

"Don't you dare run." He caught hold of my t-shirt and threw me into the fountain again, hard enough to crack parts of it. I yelped in pain, then felt water seep into my shirt.

Instantly I knew what to do.

When Nathan came at me again, I ducked his punch and kicked him in the stomach, sending him across the hall.

Nathan struggled to his feet with a growl. He lunged at me again, and I ducked. He crashed into the water fountain this time.

"Stupid girl!" My anger flared at that.

Suddenly, the water fountain exploded. Like, pieces going everywhere. Nathan was soaked through. I got some splashed onto me. It just made me feel more refreshed.

"Did you hear that?"

"Yeah!"

It was those boys from earlier. But I couldn't focus on that, because Nathan was madder than ever.

I continued to dodge his wild swings and stupid moves, occasionally attacking back to keep him from getting too close.

Finally he dashed off. I frowned in confusion.

"Oh my gods...." Someone said behind me. Wait, did he just say gods?

I whipped around to see the two guys from the bathroom.

"Where's your satyr?" The reddish brown haired guy asked.

"My what?"

"Wait, Mik, remember that nymph who wanted to get a searchers license? What was her name?"

"Goldenrod or something..." They both turned to me again.

"Do you know a Goldenrod Undergrove?" The blonde guy asked.

"She's my best friend."

"You need to come with us." The blonde haired dude looked at the exploded water fountain.

——————————————————————

We sat in a cab uncomfortably. The two guys had found out where Goldenrod's house was and picked her up. They were currently having a whispered conversation. I heard the words "Percie" and "camp" along with "powerful" and "sooner."

"Percie, we're going to take you somewhere safe, okay?" The red/brown haired boy finally said.

"Why isn't school safe?"

"Because, you were getting attacked." Said Goldenrod. I could tell she was lying, but didn't push it.

A roar suddenly echoed down the street we were on.

The three of them paled.

"Faster!" Blondie shouted. The cab driver looked really confused, then saw something in his rear view mirror and stepped on the gas.

I looked out the back window, twisting in the crowded backseat to see.

"WHAT IS THAT?!" I screeched.

I creature with the head of a bull and a very hairy body of a woman was chasing our car, in...tighty whiteys?! Ewwwww.

"Minotaur. Drive faster man!" Red shouted. I decided to just call them that since neither would tell me their names.

"What's that?"

"Ever read anything about Greek Mythology?!"

I wracked my brain. "WAIT, THAT MINOTAUR?"

They both nodded.

The cab raced out of the city and into a more country-looking area.

"STOP HERE!" Goldenrod shouted.

"Are you crazy?!" I exclaimed. "THERES A GIANT BULL-WOMAN TRYING TO KILL US!"

Red and Blondie kicked open the car doors, and Goldenrod pulled me out. As soon as the doors closed, the cabbie sped off.

"Get over the hill. Then you're safe." Red told me, reaching into his backpack and pulling a sword.

"Why do you have that?" I asked before I could stop myself.

"Just get to the camp!" Now Blondie was pulling a spear from Red's backpack. There's no way that should have fit in there. The two of them turned in sync to face the huge ugly thing coming towards us.

"Percie, come on!" Goldenrod dragged me up the hill.

We were almost to the top when I heard twin cries of pain.

The Minotaur had Red and Blondie by the necks, their weapons discarded behind her. Without thinking I dashed back down the hill. Goldenrod tried to follow me and tripped, knocking herself out on a rock.

"Percie, get to camp!" Blondie croaked.

"HEY UGLY!" I screamed, ignoring him. The thing turned to look at me, then dropped the two choking guys into the ground. It advanced slowly.

Oh crap.

[A/N does anyone know how to do the thing where you put characters at the end of a chapter? If so, HELP! Also, the idea of "Blondie" and "Red" came from Ihrschatz0307 and I will explain why later on!]