seven

chapter seven

chapter seven... ❝𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐲 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞❞

THE THREE TEENS LAUGHED AT SOME random joke that jeremiah had said as they arrived at the doors of the tea. once they reached the opened doors, they were met by paige– the woman who was basically running the whole deb ball. "jeremiah"

"paige."

"where's your shirt?"

"it's always a pleasure."

"uh– these are the young women that my mom told you about, kal and belly." he paused, "er– um, kalliope barnes, and isabel conklin. my future wife." he said, pointing at belly. as belly jabbed him in the stomach playfully.

"well, they're late."

"we are so sorry," kallie told her.

"you're both at table two." she told them as kallie nodded and headed towards the table, not noticing that belly didn't follow her. she got to the table and turned around to see jeremiah say something quietly to belly. she smiled at the two as she waited for belly to catch up to her, so that they could both meet the girls together. once belly caught up to where kallie was,they looked at the table to see the girl conrad was with at the bonfire and the girl steven was with. they smiled at each other before walking over to table two.

"hi," they both said awkwardly and in unison.

the other girls replied with a quiet 'hi' as the two girls sat down at the table. "oh is that from the other night?" shayla asked belly, noticing her bruise, "here let me fix it for you"

shayla covered up belly's bruise as the girls sat there awkwardly. "i think we're good."

"thank you"

conrad sat as susannah painted his portrait. "so, how's nicole?"

conrad's eyebrows furrowed, "nicole? oh- uh- mom could we not do this?" he paused, "like no- uh you asked me to come sit for this portrait and i'm here, and i'm sitting and i'm more than happy to be here. but can we not make this like a bonding experience please?"

"well excuse me for trying to connect with my son before he leaves for a year"

conrad looked away as susannah continued to paint, hearing her sigh. "kallie looked absolutely stunning in her new dress"

she always looks stunning he thought before susannah spoke up again. "look if you wanna spend your summer moping around, i can't stop you. but no more sleeping till two, no more day drinking, i want you doing something productive." she took a brief pause, "you're getting a job."