fourteen

chapter fourteen

chapter fourteen... ❝ 𝐢𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐧𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐬? ❞

the next morning, conrad and kallie didn't even talk. of course, conrad had barely been speaking anyway, but the only person he'd talk to was kallie. the moms sort of noticed, but figured he was just in his mood. jeremiah did notice though, and if there's one thing about jeremiah, it was that he hated when people were mad at each other. so the second breakfast was over, he followed kallie straight to her room. "what's up jere?" she asked, confused.

"why are you and conrad not talking? you two would have usually spoken to each other by now," he says, concerned.

"well, he kinda sorta maybe told me that he liked me last night. and i told him that we should just stay friends. and he sort of got mad at me, and i feel very very bad." she explains.

"but do you actually want to stay just friends?" he asks the girl.

"of course not! but he's literally basically dating nicole, and that's just wrong. plus i cant have her hating me," she tells him with a sigh.

"then just wait until they break up." he shrugs, "but please just stop being mad at each other and go talk to him. con's already been in a bad mood all summer, and that mood seems to magically be lifted every time you're together." he explains.

"don't worry, i'll go talk to him right now," she smiles as she pushes him out of her room, and heads towards conrad's room. but what she didn't know was that conrad had heard the whole conversation through the vents. ever since they were little they would talk to each other through the vents, being as their rooms were right next to each other, and their vents connected. and this time, they came in conrad's favor. seconds later, kallie was knocking on his door. after being told she could come in, kallie entered the room. "hey connie" she smiles, as she sits on his bed next to him.

"hi rose," he says, trying to hide his smile. his mood had been lifted the second he heard that conversation with jeremiah.

"i know you're mad, but please forgive me. i feel so bad. but we can't ruin what we have. because, what if we dated and it didn't work out? then we would break up and never speak to each other again. and i said this yesterday, but i can't lose you con—"

"i'm not mad anymore, i promise." he cuts her off, "hell, i'll dance with you at deb practice thing today." he smiles, as he hugs her.

"i'd love you to, but two things: nicole's gonna be there, and she'd kill me. and i already asked colin— he's not gonna be my escort! but i panicked, because you were mad at me and i texted him during breakfast." she explains.

"don't worry about it. i'll probably stop by then," he smiles. as ge looks at her. "but us, we stay best friends, first, for infinity right?" he holds up his pinky.