twelve

chapter twelve

chapter twelve... ❝𝐦𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞❞

THE FOURTH OF JULY IN COUSINS IS ALL about traditions. susannah decks out the whole house, the dads come up for the weekend, the boys steam clams and shoot off fireworks. but not onlly was it just fourth of july it was also jacob and kallie's birthday. kallie was currently getting ready in her room, and as she did so, she had music playing in the background. she was puting on a small bit of makeup on– she was definitely not going to be wearing a full face of makeup on a day that she was going to spend at the beach– so she just stuck with the basics: concealer, highlighter, mascara, and lipgloss. as the girl was in the middle of putting on highlighter, she heard a faint knock on the door. "come in!" she smiles, feeling like she knew who it was.

seconds laters, conrad walked into the room with a smile, "happy birthday rose," he smiles, as he goes to sit next to her, at her vanity.

"thank you connie." she smiled as she hugged the boy.

"i know you're not doing this for my opinion, but you don't even need to wear makeup." he tells her with a smile.

"well, i gotta get a bit prettied up for my birthday." she jokes.

"you're already gorgeous though," he tells her.

"actually fuck off with that, you're so cheesy." she laughs, "but thank you."

"of course," he smiles. as the two sit there for a bit, conrad then playing their playlist, as kallie continued to get ready. moments later, jacob texted the girl, letting her know that he was ready, so that they could walk down the stairs together– a cousin's tradition.

"no fucking way." kallies mouth opened as she saw her brother walk into her room. "why are we actually twinning?" she asks.

"maybe cause we're twins?" he asks.

"no but like we're twinning" she says.

"i can see that kale" he tells her. she was wearing a light blue and white gingham short dress, while he wore blue light wash jeans, and a white tank top.

so they weren't exactly twinning but they were twinning. "whatever, let's go then?" she asks, as he nods for confirmation. "and happy birthday by the way," she smiles.

"happy birthday kale" he smiles teasingly, as his sister just flips him off.

"happy birthday twins!" jacob and kallie heard their friends and family exclaims, as tehy walked down the stairs together.

"thank you guys!" kallie exclaimed.