/14/

𖦹chapter 14: early dinner and a creepy van𖦹

the next day everyone woke up around the same time. we all had breakfast together and it was pretty fun. my parents go to work early and come home late except for on mondays and tuesdays so we got the house mostly to ourselves.

me and finn had never been together this much. it was amazing. ever since he first told me that he loves me he says it all the time.

robin has caught on and he always teases us for it. gwen was so sweet. she was 2 years younger than me, finn,and robin but shes so cool.

it was around noon and we were all watching tv. gwen had mentioned that finn gets scared easily while watching tv but i think everyone kinda forgot. it was jaws and it was one of my favorites. there was a bit of a jump scare and finn let out the weirdest noise.

"finn what the hell was that." robin said while laughing which caused us all to laugh. well everyone but finn. "dont be such a baby, baby"
i said ironically while laughing.

this caused everyone to roll on the floor of laughter. finn was so annoyed. "haha so funny." he said with a blank face.

moments like these were moments i wish i could freeze in time. moments like these were moments that i would think of all the time.

there was a knock at the door. it was gwen's friend and her mom. gwen usually spends wednesday nights with her friend but she didn't tell her she was here so everyone was confused.

"your dad told us you were here" the mom said with a bright smile. we were all confused. he knew? not a big shocker where else would we go? gwen went with her friend in the end but i'm pretty sure everyone had a lot of questions.

but we just ignored everything stirring around in our heads like always. tonight was going to be our dinner with my family since finn was staying with us. finn was a tad nervous that my family won't like him but they already know him because he's best friends with robin.

my parents actually adored finn and they were happy it was him as my first boyfriend.

𖦹time skip: dinner𖦹

my parents came home around 7 so dinner was going to be a bit late but finney didn't mind and me and robin were used to it.

my mom said she was going to make something really good for dinner. and she did. my mom brought out the pre-made tamales that we made with my family last month and she made those with rice and beans.

(pls tell me my family isn't the one that does this. we make like 300 tamales with like my moms whole side of the family and then we all take some and then freeze them until we want them. idk my family does it every year 😭😭)

finn had never really had mexican food other than like a burrito so he didn't know if he would like it.

"what if i don't like it?"
"i have never met anyone who doesn't like tamales"
"i'm just saying"
"finn your going to love it."

when dinner was ready we all went to the round dining table. i sat in between robin and finn. my mom already had the table set and she brought out the food. finney served himself both types of the tamales, pork and cheese with jalapeños. finney first tried the cheese one... he loved it.

him and my dad got along really well. him and my mom didn't talk as much but my mom loved him.

"so finney what type of things are you interested in?"
"well mr. arellano i'm really interested in science and space"
"he's a nerd pa"

my dad chuckled at how me and finn were slightly mean to eachother in a flirty way. him and my dad talked about so many nerdy things. i was actually surprised, i never heard my dad talk about some of the stuff him and finn talked about.

after dinner me and finn did the dishes and cleaned up. we decided to go on a late night walk.

"Vuelve enseguida mama. Vamos a dar un paseo (brb mom, we're going on a walk)"
"ok mija be safe"

me and finney just went around the block a couple of times. but then we saw that same van that i saw earlier. i grabbed onto finneys arm in alert.

"what's wrong"
"that van... it was following me earlier"
"it's ok. nothing is going to happen to either of us." he said while flexing.

what happened next happend so fast.

i just remember being knocked out and hearing a very blurry "Y/NNN!!"

———————————————————

806 words :)

a bit of a cliffhanger ;)
sorry the chapter is a bit shorter than i expected 😭😭