/8/

𖦹chapter 8: "we can't pretend nothing happened"𖦹
꧁time skip: after school꧂

robin was staying the night with a friend and donna was staying with her friend. so me and finney walked home very comfortably, however we weren't talking. "finney are we going to talk abt what happened at lunch" i ask dying to know the answer. "oof. that's a tough one... but if your ready to talk about it i'm ready." "finney of course we're gonna talk about it. we can't pretend nothing happened i literally kissed you"

"wanna go to the park then?"
"that sounds good"

we walk to the park not really talking but i didn't wanna talk until i told him how i feel. we got to the park and went to the swings swinging lightly.

"i like you finney."
"i like you too y/n....... what do we do now"
"are we dating?"
"sure"

after that we continued to swing staying silent. after awhile finney was trying to be slick and grab my hand but he ended up just falling. "ARE YOU OK?!" i ask between laughs. "i'm fine" he says obviously annoyed that he fell.

"do you have to be home by a certain time?"
"no, i told my dad i'd probably stay the night somewhere."
"my parents are back but they won't mind you staying in my room."
"your parents really aren't strict huh?"

it took me a second to figure out what to say. my dad has a lot of trauma from his childhood so him and my mom aren't strict. but it's one of the reasons robin doesn't see his dad.

"my parents just trust me"
"that's good"
"ANYWAYS, we should go to the movies"
"i'm down"

we start walking to the movies talking about which movie we should watch. "jaws?" i ask. me and finney had never seen it and we were alone so nobody could stop us. "sure!"

𖦹time skip: after the movie𖦹

"THAT MOVIE WAS SOO GOOD"
"ehh it doesn't beat texas chainsaw massacre but it wasn't bad"
"my dad would kill me if he found out i saw that movie"
"WHAT. YOUVE NEVER SEEN TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE?!"
"nope."

i placed my hand on my chest acting offended and finney threw his hands up in surrender. "do you have clothes?" i knew he obviously didn't have clothes but whatever. "yes y/n. i have my clothes in my school bag." finney said sarcastically. "my bad" i said throwing my hands up in surrender.

"how about we stop by your place then walk to my place?"
"sounds good"
"do i get to meet your dad?"
"if you want. he doesn't rlly like me hanging out with girls tho so if he asks day robin is with us but he's at the store or something."
"oh ok"

finney grabbed my hand (without falling) and we talked while walking to his house. when we got near his house he let go of my hand and we walked in.

his dad was in his recliner with a beer in his hand. "hey dad... can i stay the night with robin tonight?" finneys dad was kinda zoned out. he snapped out of it and looked at finney, then at me, then back at finney. "who's this?" his dad asked sternly. "hi mr. blake! i'm y/n, robins cousin, robin stopped by the store to buy him and finney some snacks. i'm just walking with them."

his dad processed it for a second and finally spoke. "you can go finney." his dad said and then turned his recliner towards the window. "thanks dad" finney said leading me to his room. his room seemed like there room of your average nerd. space posters, very messy desk, and just generally a lot of science and space stuff.

"what a nerd" i said laughing. "shut up i'm cool" finney said in a know-it-all tone. me and him just kinda laughed. "you can sit on my bed while i pack." finney said slightly pointing towards his bed. i sat down on his bed which was made. he just had a plain navy blue comforter with matching pillow cases and a teddy bear.

"who's this?" i said picking up the teddy bear. "THAT is mr.teddy, he was a gift from my mom." robin had told me about finn's mom. i felt bad.

"ready?" finney asked picking up his backpack. "heck yeah" we walked out saying bye to mr. blake. "bye kids, stay safe. i love you son." "love you too dad" finney yelled practically slamming the door.

—————————————————————

760 words :)
i made this while watching the movie 💪💪
ALSO BEFORE I MAKE THE NEXT CHAPTER... should robin get kidnapped? should y/n and finney get kidnapped together? I GOTTA KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS WANT.