/16/

𖦹chapter 16: i love my friends.𖦹

⚠️⚠️TW: MENTIONS OF ABUSE AND SA. ⚠️⚠️

my parents ended up hosting a dinner with all of our close friends so i can explain what happened to me. i was scriptural at first... but i wanted everyone to know my story. so i agreed to it.

the day of the dinner my family had to get out a couple extra tables and we created one long table. i was able to choose who was invited.

i invited finn's family, donnas family, max, jacks family, and lana's family.

it was around 2:00 and the dinner started at 5:00. i got dressed in my normal clothes. nothing feels the same since. i still remember the way i was beaten. luckily nothing happened in that basement. but i could only imagine how long i was down there. i couldn't tell when it was day or night. i could vividly remember being thrown in the van. hearing finn sobbing as he ran. i vividly remember him whipping my back. i vividly remember most of the experience. but in the moment i couldn't even tell what was happening.

i can still hear my screams. my begging as i was half conscious. it was at least 2 days in the beginning of just being purely beaten. in the moment i felt knocked out. but now, a week later, i remember everything. i'm still bruised. i still have marks of that horrible time.

i still have the marks that he left. the stab wound in my lower core that would have a mark there forever. the bruises that i will always remember getting. nothing will ever be the same.

i decided that it would be best to talk about it which is the main reason i agreed to this dinner. i knew it would help with my ptsd.

i decided to start getting ready. i showered which took longer than usual. then i got dressed. i threw on something random. i don't really care at this point.

i tried doing my makeup. but when it came time to do my mascara i could do it. i broke down crying. all the memories hitting me. robin walked in on accident. shit. i forgot to close the door all the way.

"hey y/n have you see- oh it's ok" he walked up to me and rapped his arms around me. i love robin. he was the best cousin anyone could ask for. the best brother anyone could ask for.

robin was my brother. idc that he's not my parents child. he's my brother.

"i love you robin. i'm so greatful your my brother."
"y/n-"
"your my brother."
"your the best sister ever. i love you too."

we sat there on the floor together with his arms rapped around me for awhile. we haven't had a moment like this since we were kids. god i miss moments like these.

"nothing is going to happen to you ever again."
"i hope not"

robin was so good at helping me stay calm. he was truly the best brother i could ask for.

it was now around 4:45 and i was helping my mom set the table when lana and her family arrived. they rang the doorbell and robin answered it. him and lana were a blushing mess. it was hilarious.

i haven't seen lana since the last day of school. but i'm so happy i got to see her again. her parents didn't really like my family but they put that aside since this dinner was about a serious topic.

about 3 minutes later donna and her family arrived. then noah and his family. then the blake's, then max.

we all sat around the table. i knew i was going to cry. but finney sat right next to me and promised he would hold my hand the whole time.

there was some awkward silence until my mom said something. "well as we all know, my daughter, y/n, was put through some pretty traumatizing events. we hosted this dinner to bring awareness to her story because she deeply trusts all of you guys and wants to make sure your aware of her experience."

my mom was teary eyed while talking and everyone seemed very gloomy. but i knew i had to tell them my story.

"y/n maybe you wanna tell us the story?"
"yeah ofc"

i was so scared. but finn grabbed my hand under the table and gave me a nod signaling that everything is ok.

"well as you guys know i was abducted a little less than 2 weeks ago and i was out through a lot while kept hostage. the man was arrested and received life in prison. the things that happened to me while i was hostage were very traumatizing. i'm greatful i'm not dead. max, saved my life and i will forever be greatful. when i first was abducted i couldn't tell what was happening around me. it took about a week for everything to hit. i was beaten severely and stabbed twice. i was threatened to be assaulted in various sexual ways and he did attempt to touch me multiple-"

i couldn't do it. i started tearing up and then it all hit. finn scooted his chair closer to me and rubbed me back. everyone just kinda stared... waiting.

"sorry- i was almost molested on multiple occasions and am surprised i was able to fight him off."

i was crying so much in between words. i was so ashamed and embarrassed. why? i have no idea. it's not like it was my fault. right?

i was going through so much in that moment i felt like passing out. finn grabbed both my hands and whispered to me "it's ok. im here. your safe" he made me feel so safe.

"we're all so proud of you y/n. your such a strong girl. i think i speak for all of us when i say we are so greatful that you stayed strong. my brother has always been a twisted twisted man. i can't believe him for this. but i'm so greatful your alive." max said.

then noah chimed in, "yeah y/n your one of the strongest girls i know. i'm so glad you realized your own strength."

everyone just looked down and nodded. the rest of the dinner was amazing. it was like therapy... but better. better because i knew everyone at the table was telling the truth.

i love my friends.

————————————————————

1081 words :)

YALL THE WAY I SOBBED VIOLENTLY WHILE WRITING THIS. 😭😭
THIS IS NOT FAIR.

xx ella 💋