Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Farce of Fate

"So, it's you." That tone was equal parts surprise and hatred, and it made Jiang Cheng blink in confusion.

"Your memory failed after you were kicked home?"

Yuan-ge's slight nudge at A-Ling was not lost on Jiang Cheng.

A-Ling, disregarding Yuan-ge's prod, adds, "Can't even recognize this Sparks Amidst Snow motif?" his eyes gleamed not dissimilar to a savage blizzard.

"A-Ling." Yuan-ge resorted to words when action was no longer an option.

What were these remarkable points he'd just heard?!

Could it be...?

Jiang Cheng smacked his own thigh, and laughed with the screech of a rusted hinge.

"What, you went insane after that?"

Distressed and perturbed, Yuan-ge covered A-Ling's lips to stop him from saying any more insults.

...Could it be that Mo Xuanyu's father was the infamous Jin Guangshan?!

During the Siege of the Burial Mounds, Jin Guangshan's merits were second only to Jin Zixuan's. He had no concept how to resolve this score now that Jiang Cheng had taken over the body of his illegitimate son.

What a farce of fate.

Jiang Cheng swallowed his guffaw.

What a fucked up situation.

Yuan-ge turned to Jiang Cheng, "Mo-gongzi, get out of here this instant!"

Jiang Cheng should have left when Yuan-ge said it...

"No!" Jiang Cheng exclaims, folding his arms, "Give me back my Little Apple first!"

...but he doesn't want to leave with his ego bruised.

A-Ling bit Yuan-ge's hand, leading to the latter to let out a muffled groan.

"I'm disgusted just looking at your face." A-Ling said when his mouth was free of any impediments.

Mo Xuanyu could have been this boy's uncle or some elder in terms of seniority. And yet, Jiang Cheng had to endure such humiliation from a junior. Even if it wasn't for himself, as he was currently in Mo Xuanyu's body, Jiang Cheng felt compelled to humiliate the boy back.

"Hey, A-Ling, I'm your senior," Jiang Cheng taunts, "is this how you treat a senior? Such awful manners!"

A-Ling cried, "Don't. Call. Me. A-Ling! Hearing it coming from your mouth is nauseating!"

He was about to attack him when Yuan-ge held him up.

"You have no respect to me. You're really an awful person!" Jiang Cheng covered his 'pained' face with his palms.

What he hid underneath, however, is an amused smile.

"You don't deserve respect!" A-Ling roared.

"Mo-gongzi! Please drop it!" Yuan-ge yelled.

Jiang Cheng uncovered his face to stick out a tongue, "Bu!"

Everything is far too loud. The mountain was filled with thunderous shouts.

From above the ground, the (now) quiet and calm captive donkey was utterly irked.

It is too noisy.

"Damn, cut-sleeve!"

It is deafening.

"Let go of my steed!"

It is exhausting.

Yuan-ge hollered at the top of his lungs, "Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!"

His unexpected outburst silenced the booming forest.

"..."

It took a long time for Jiang Cheng to recover from his amazement. "Aiya, this junior sure can raise his voice! I applaud you!" He claps, sarcasm apparent.

Yuan-ge clenched his jaw, "Please... leave." voice cavernous and deep.

His expression says, 'Leave or I will slice your throat.'

Jiang Cheng was not afraid in the least.

He arched a brow, "What if I say..." intentionally trailing his words for a dramatic effect.

Since he is a 'lunatic'.

He caught Yuan-ge's menacing visage deepening.

Jiang Cheng sneered, "...no?"

The sounds of swords unsheathing infused Jiang Cheng's ears, and the next thing he knew, A-Ling and Yuan-ge's longswords were out of their scabbards.

The swords glistened in gold, and blue. They were evidently rare, high-grade weapons that would be unreachable for several clans (even if they hustled their entire lives). Jiang Cheng studied them and mused:

'The blue sword looked very familiar.'

He'd seen plenty of stellar swords that shimmered blue, so he didn't dwell on it too much.

The boys pounced to him like sparrowhawks, but missed when Jiang Cheng sidestepped and spun around, not incomparable to a spinning plate.

Seeing that they had failed, they turned around to charge again, but he leisurely sidestepped and evaded them.

Again.

The sequence of events continued until Jiang Cheng plucked two leaves from a tree.

When the youths rushed at Jiang Cheng for God-knows-what, he took advantage of the opportunity to bash the leaves onto their backs, they then flickered into human-shaped cuts.

The teens were already like whirlwinds, but Jiang Cheng had an assload of experience in tripping people and slapping talismans onto them, so...

In conclusion, he was faster.

The boys felt their backs becoming torpid and heavy, they soon fell forward onto the ground involuntarily. A-Ling and Yuan-ge were unable to stand (no matter how hard they tried). The swords plummeting limply on their sides.

Jiang Cheng picked up the blue sword, weighed, and swings it to the Immortal Binding Net.

Snap!

The donkey descended to the ground in sorry befuddlement.

A-Ling, with a flushed countenance, shouted. "Mo Xuanyu! Look at you, going down the Demonic Path just because your spiritual power is too weak to cultivate into anything worthwhile." He gritted his teeth, "You watch yourself! Do you know who's here today?! I'm gonna..."

Jiang Cheng gripped his heart, feigning, "Ah! I'm terrified~!"

Yuan-ge tried lifting himself off the soil, but still couldn't get up after numerous tries, "If you do not remove this spell, I will tell my Yizhang, and you will be dead!" he threatened.

Oh.

This Lan could threaten too.

He is so un-Lan.

Very un-Lan!

Jiang Cheng asked curiously, "Why is it your Yizhang and not your Fuqin?"

A light of great affliction flaunts on Yuan-ge's amber eyes.

Jiang Cheng did not capture that image this time.

"Who's your Yizhang?" Jiang Cheng asks further.

Behind him, there was a grave and strongly icy voice, "I am his Yizhang. Any last words?"