Chapter 13

Chapter 13

What A Spectacle

"It's..."

"...So hot."

Cicadas sang to the Summer from outside Dueling Hall. A repugnant ensemble of human bodies filled the ground indoors.

A dozen bare-chested boys and one boy in two layers of golden robes rest atop the hall's wooden floorboards, exhaling dying grumbles. They flipped themselves over every once in a while, as though a dozen of sizzling pancakes.

With eyes shut closed, Jiang Cheng hazily thought, 'If only it were as cool as Cloud Recesses.'

But he swiftly tossed it into the dustbin of his head.

The heat of the piece of wood beneath him was absorbed by his body temperature once more, and he switched over. Jin Zixuan turned at the same time, resulting in them brushing up against each other.

Arm.
Over.
Leg.

Jiang Cheng frowned, "Jin Zixuan, you're like a fucking lump of coal. Remove that disgusting leg of yours!"

"I could say the same thing to you," Jin Zixuan countered, his expression mirroring Jiang Cheng's. "get your arm off of me! You're as heavy as a boulder!"

"Ni...!" Jiang Cheng was seething in anger, not incomparable to the waves of an enraged sea, "What are you doing here anyway?! You only add to 'my' problems!"

Liu-shidi tried mediating between the two storms, to bring the conflict to a close. "Dispute will only worsen the situation. Stop arguing!"

San-shidi bemoaned, fanning himself with a hand, "I feel hot just listening from the argument!"

Wu-shidi cried, "I'm even sweating faster!"

However, the plea and whines were downright ignored.

Bluntly disregarded.

Jin Zixuan retorted, "A-Niang requested that I accompany her to Lotus Pier... remove your arm I said! The longer it stays, the heavier it becomes!"

"Oh, really?" Jiang Cheng was dubious, "Or was it just a lame excuse to go see A-Jie?"

Jin Zixuan, "..."

From his sudden speechlessness, Jiang Cheng could conclude that his heedless of a claim had hit the jar.

Not knowing what to say, "Jiang Wanyin... you...! W-What..." sputters flooded out Jin Zixuan.

Jiang Cheng expected the Peacock to retract his leg after surprising him.

He was completely mistaken.

"...Even so, it's fine if I come over." Jin Zixuan said.

Since they'll be family soon.

A vein protruded from Jiang Cheng's temple.

A-Jie formally met Jin Zixuan when she was twelve years old.
Jiang Cheng had seen their (love) story unfold.

He vividly saw Jin Zixuan blushing during their first meeting.
A-Jie, on the other hand, was smiling in greeting:

"You must be Jin-gongzi." She curtsied at him.

He nodded dumbly in reply.

Jiang Cheng and Wei Ying's brows had took flight.

"Do you like my Shijie?"

"Do you like my A-Jie?"

The ten-year-olds surrounded the boy, who was dressed in luxurious golden robes and carried himself with a high and mighty demeanor.