Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Little Things

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA." Wei Ying burst out into unrestrained laughter, slapping the (pitiful) back of Peacock's as she did so.

Jin Zixuan gritted his teeth, enunciating, "Wei Ying--!" catching her wrist in an attempt to end his suffering.

He was unfortunate to have to deal with Wei Ying's heavy palm.

"Throwing the book onto the floor, Lan Zhan retreated to the corner of the Library Pavilion as if he were avoiding a poisonous creature!" She retrieved her hand from Jin Zixuan to accompany its pair on her stomach.

Jiang Cheng was as unimpressed as ever...

"He pointed at me with his sword, those light-colored eyes were practically shooting flames as he shouted, 'What kind of person are you?!'" Wei Ying dramatized, almost falling on her knees if it hadn't been for A-Jie's steady support.

...A-Jie just kept silent and attentive to her story.

Whereas Nie-xiong, "And? And?"

Wei Ying's stories always amaze and delighted him.

He asked giddily, "How did you respond?"

Definitely her best friend.

"I replied with 'What else can I be? A woman!'"

"What a good comeback, Wei-jie!" Nie-xiong said, his whole person radiating with sparkly energy.

Wei Ying winked, looking chuffed with herself. There was no need for words, for her message was as clear as day:

'I know, I know~! Praise me more!'

Lan Zhan denounced scathingly, 'Shameless!'
But Wei Ying couldn't care less.

'Do you have to feel ashamed about something like this?'

Wei Ying teased.

'Don't tell me you've never seen anything like that!'

And teased...

'We can keep sharing.'

...until Lan Zhan couldn't take it anymore.

'Get lost!'

His entire body was engulfed in cold frost.

The erotic book was ripped into thousands of shreds,
Lan Wangji had broken his threads.

'I'm excellent at getting lost! No need to see me off!'

Jin Zixuan was immersed in his musing before commenting, "This is the first time I've heard Lan Wangji tell anyone to 'get lost'..."

Nie-xiong's tone was with wonderment, "Wei-jie, that's an achievement unlocked!"

Wei Ying preened victoriously at her 'accomplishment'.

It wasn't long, however, when her face turned sour.

Because...

Jiang Cheng had ruined her celebratory mood.

A total 'kill joy'.

He scoffed, "What nonsense!" and scolded as he pointed at her, "What's there to be so proud of?! Is it such an honor to have people tell you to 'get lost'?!"

What an embarrassment to their family!

"A-Ying," A-Jie called (doing so, she lowered down Jiang Cheng's index finger), she spoke in a gentle and patient voice, in contrast to Jiang Cheng's scornful mockery.