Chapter 25

Chapter 25

She Loves Her Sword

"Wei Ying."

Wei Ying jolted at his call. Her hand, that clutched a long stick, stopped from playing with stones.

She answered, "What is it?" her reluctance apparent.

Jiang Cheng reminded her, "Keep our agreement."

This dreadful secret... Jiang Cheng insisted on it remaining between them.

Of course, Wei Ying will stay quiet on this subject. It is something very sensitive that only she and Jiang Cheng can talk about.

Not even Shijie could know.

Conversely, Wen Qing said when she visited her own library, 'Have you considered what if Jiang Yanli discovers the truth?'

Standing to the side, Wei Ying did not respond, '...'

Jiang Cheng, who stood before Wen Qing, replied, 'There is no 'what if'. A-Jie will never find out.'

He'll make sure of it.

Wen Qing spoke in a scornfully derisive tone, 'There's no 'what if'? You can keep the truth hidden from her for a while, but can you keep it hidden for the rest of her life?'

There are three things that cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the 'truth'.

Jiang Cheng's expression was dark, as through the foliage of some wavering thicket. 'Wen Qing, if today it had been Wen Ning who was wounded like that, I'm sure you would be the same as me.'

Wen Qing's lips parted, realization dawned upon her, '...'

Jiang Cheng continued, his voice as cold as the breath of the winds that blow silver shot descending snow. 'I know you'd make the same choice.'

"I'll see you at the teahouse." Jiang Cheng said, preparing to climb the mountain.

The mountain was lush and green, with stunning emerald peaks and summits framed by clouds and mists. It did have an air of transcendence, but there were some differences between it and the sacred mountain everyone imagined.

"I didn't like the deal." Wei Ying's voice was stern. "I don't agree at all!"

Their 'agreement' was this:

After an incense time (at the time for Shijie to meet the Wen Siblings), Jiang Cheng will climb the mountain 'alone' to execute the Golden Core Transfer. Wei Ying, on the other hand, will have to spend her days at a teahouse in the town they came across earlier.

Wei Ying was devastated by his decision. 'I'm not going anywhere without you and Shijie!'

Obviously, the indication prompted Jiang Cheng to stage another fight.

Jiang Cheng ran his fingers over his temples, appearing too old in a body too young. 'Why are you making things more difficult for me?! Will you just obey my command?!'

'Jiang Cheng.' She took hold of his shoulders, elucidating: 'I am your 'shijie', I am your 'family', not a common disciple you can just order around! Do you think I'm going to abandon you like this?!'

She rose to her feet, dropping the stick to the ground, "I told you, I wouldn't go."

Jiang Cheng emitted a long, deep, audible sigh, "You're so stubborn."

Wei Ying quipped, "'Stubborn' is exactly what I am. Otherwise, I wouldn't have been so adamant as to convince you not to leave me in that teahouse."

Jiang Cheng made an eyeroll.