Chapter 2

Hey my name is Selina Davis I am 20 years old and I live in a foster home with my younger sister Simone.
I don't have to live in the foster home but I stay so I'm not away from Simone
I'm very protective over Simone and I'm trying to make enough money so we can leave our foster home for good and find out other sister Star.

I'm always at work so I'm not really at home but I make sure Simone has what she needs.

Our foster father Otis he's a fucking bitch he abuses his wife but I would kill him if he ever put his hands on Simone and he hasn't.

My life hasn't been easy I grew up with a no good mom and a run away dad I thinks that's why I'm so protective over my sisters because they shouldn't have to go through what I went through.

I tried to shield them from our mothers addiction so she wouldn't fuck them up as much as she did me.

She met my dad because he was her dealer then she fell pregnant with me and he left because he didn't want the problem of raising and loving a child.

So I was born mixed since my mom was white and my dad was black.

Growing up with a mother who struggled with addiction was tough because it was so many men running in and out of our lives and none of them ever stayed.

But when Star and Simone were born I promised myself I would always protective them even if It killed me.

I love singing because it helps me escape my life for just a moment and my sisters love to sing too my younger sister star always wanted to be famous for singing and being on tv that's why our mother named her star.

She used to say "you came out of mommy shining" I used to think that was so dumb until Star was born.