I will always be there for you

Pairing: Billy x Female Reader

Song: I love you for infinity

Rating: Pg-13

Warning: Mentions of abuse (physical and mental) Blood, fighting, Billy's step-father calling the reader a slut and getting a swift punch to the face by Billy. OOC Billy. MAJOR TIME SKIP TOWARDS THE END. Hopper is the readers uncle.

Summary: Billy had been a lot happier ever since you came into his life. He patched up his relationship with this little sister Max with your help as well. However, Billy's step-father didn't like the idea of his son having a love life. He began reprimanding him and calling his extremely horrible things. All the while, Billy held a straight face but Y/n knew, with the way he was clenching his hand tightly, he was about to burst.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Billy was nervous. He hadn't brought a girl home for his family to meet in such a long time. Also, moving to Hawkins didn't help that fact either. However, he noticed Max hanging out with a girl around his age and found her quite beautiful. Max had noticed this and immediately hooked you and her older brother up. She gave Billy a thumbs up and told him to ask her to have dinner with the family. Billy glared at Max but did as Max suggested. He took a deep breath and turned to face you as you were talking away and finishing up your homework. "Hey Y/n?" He asked. You turned to look over at him.

However, you both forgot how close you two were and found yourselves inches from the other. Billy had to steal his nerves to not look at your lips before he swallowed. "I was wondering, w-would you like to come to my place for dinner tonight?" He asked. Y/n smiled and leaned forward. She pressed her lips against his in a chaste kiss. "I would love to." She said, smiling and winking at him. He felt his face heat up but he gave her a soft smile that was reserved for her and her only.

Billy had taken her out that same day after school. Yes he flirted around with ladies and girls alike before Y/n, but now, he didn't want anyone but Y/n. He found something in her kindness and willingness to look at Billy with the love that he had craved for. He was going to protect her for the rest of his life if that is what it took. He intertwined their hands together as they walked out of the mall. Y/n had a few bags in her arms and Billy had a gift he was going to give her when she came over for dinner that night. "What time would you like me to be at your house?" Y/n asked as Billy held the door open for her. Billy raised an eyebrow. "I just found out you are two houses from my place Billy, that's why I'm asking. So you don't have to waste gas." She said smiling. Billy returned the smile. "7pm is good, doll." He said, closing the door and climbing into the driver's seat.

7pm

As Y/n made her way up the stairs, she can hear yelling from inside the house. Y/n narrowed her eyes before shaking the look off and knocking on the door. Everything in the house went silent and Max called out that she got the door. Opening the door, she saw Y/n smiling at her. Max threw herself in Y/n's arms. "I'm scared, Y/n. My father just hit Billy." She whispered low enough that Y/n was the only one that heard. Y/n narrowed her eyes before giving Max a reassuring smile and placed her hand on her head. "Don't worry. I have a plan." Y/n said smiling happily.

Y/n walked into the kitchen with Max following behind him. A smile on her face. "It's a pleasure to meet all of you." Y/n said looking between Billy and his father. The angry red welt on his face made her heart hurt. Max moved to Billy's side and Y/n watched Billy wrap a protective arm around his young sister. Thanks to Y/n, Billy and Max had fixed their relationship and are closer thanks to Y/n. As they sat down for dinner, the two parents noticed that Max and Billy were sitting much closer to Y/n then to them. The stepfather glared at the female as she talked with Billy happily.