prologue.

THE FIRST MISTAKE OF THE GODS IS TO UNDERESTIMATE HUMANS

               THE FIRST MISTAKE OF THE GODS IS TO UNDERESTIMATE HUMANS. Seeing them as defenceless creatures is a tricking thought-a fatal one. When Time and Night first created their seven children and their respective realms, they were meant to maintain the order of the universe as embodiments of its most essential elements. Fate, death, dreams, nightmares, destruction, desire, hate, madness, sanity. They were seen as shepherds, and humans, as their cattle. Although not directly, they still ruled over them to keep things as they should be. There were lines they did not cross or limits they wouldn't dare reach. Separately, the seven allowed the world to remain as it always has been; a little chaotic, a little violent, but most of all, mundane.

It wasn't long before said cattle began to scatter away from their masters, though. The Endless' hold on humanity was going frail, forgetting that the more these animals grew, the wilder they would become. The need for freedom, for change, more intense. Daily life no longer satisfied them, couldn't quench that thirst for abnormality, for breaking the pattern and tossing it to hell. The conjunction of such vicious sentiments and prayers for change led to the creation of a new cosmical entity, one that emulated all of these fears and desires.

The year was 1837, nearing the end of the Industrial Revolution in Britain. The late modern period was a miserable one for the working class with the lack of employment conditions and the ecological collapse due to the increase in machinery usage. A woman arose from the waters of the English Channel around October, dressed as a young bride with virginal clothes and a wet, heavy veil covering her face and neck. With empty thoughts on her mind and barely any knowledge of life itself, the creature wandered through sea and land, living amongst humans and adapting to their peculiar costumes. She heard every thought, and when touching them, saw their past, their feelings, and the pain they were in. How forgotten they felt.

The deity quickly learned that she could not live with such a gift. What once wondered her and made her feel like the only one in the world, now haunted her. To hear every thought was a curse, and God forbade her from touching anyone. She had no identity and belonged nowhere. The isolation slowly consumed her as the woman saw to distance herself from the rest of the world to protect her sanity and well-being. Her powers were growing and with that, her instability, and she saw herself as a threat to the same people who had given her the gift of life in the first place. However, it only took one incident for her to be found.

Her naïvety was a cruel traitor. Unaware of the extent of her greatness, the rising star came crashing down just like Lucifer once did, not yet being able to land on her feet. It had only been a matter of time before her sensibility stabbed her in the back. The genesis of the French Revolution almost a decade after her conception was a bloody affair which left the deity deeply distraught. It was a simple afternoon, the one when she blew up a Parisian district after hearing a gunfight between a dozen protestors. Around a hundred civilians perished in the incident. Some believed it to have been an induced explosion by civilian insurgents, whispering about how violent the streets of Paris were becoming.