sleep of the just ───── i.

(𝟏x𝟎𝟏)

(𝟏x𝟎𝟏)

               DESTINY'S THUNDEROUS VOICE, LOOMING AS A SNAKE CIRCLING HER ANKLE, DICTATED THE GIRL'S FATE AS IF HE HAD WRITTEN IT HIMSELF IN STONE. Anxiously playing with her sharp nails, Disturbia exhaled through her dilated nostrils as she attentively listened to her sentence from her place behind death, where she remained hidden. It seemed as if the whole Universe had halted in order to hear his words.

───── Disturbia of the Earth. Champion of Human Emotions. Due to your actions in severing reality's order, you should be sentenced to the greatest justice of all-death. ───── The thought of it did not scare the deity as much as it should. Dream found that weirdly curious, watching her from under his eyelashes as she meekly stood a few paces from his sister, not even as much flinching as the threats directed at her. ───── Regardless, your finder has appealed for your case and claimed you to be nothing more than a fool. It seems that you remain unaware of the extent of your powers and were merely echoing the sentiments of our dear humans. Of course, in a more amplified and destroying way. As such, it would both be unfair and unwise to blame you for doing what you were, after all, created to do.

───── What is to be your verdict then, brother? ───── Inquired Dream, his stare not once leaving the culprit.

Destiny took his seat once and for all, as if doing so signalled the end of the trial. ───── Although the girl does not deserve her life to be taken, seeing it as it had just begun, we cannot possibly allow her to roam freely, knowing that we would be releasing a biblical weapon for the humans to use against each other and us as well. Thus, the only solution is for one of us to own her life and being in order to leash her from committing such atrocities. She will remain under one's domain and not be allowed to walk freely between worlds without its consent.

For once, Desire and Death seemed to share similar facial expressions, disbelief crossing them as a sharpened arrow. The younger sibling echoed their thoughts as direct as always.

───── So she is to be the prisoner of one of us, brother? Seems a little unfair to me. Why not just bound her to all six siblings? A little Democracy couldn't hurt. ───── Dream scoffed at such a proposition, finally turning his head to the side and closing his eyes in condescension.

───── Although we are family, Desire, the six of us, as you mentioned, have lives and duties of our own. We cannot possibly be bound for eternity to a time bomb to which we will have to cater. It is easier to give responsibility to only one of us. ───── Destiny was unyielding in his argument, and his faceless demeanour only accentuated the gravity in his voice. ───── Does anyone have any better propositions? If so, present them now or accept things as they are. This subject shall not be brought up once again.