[3] [Vanilla Kingdom Adventures]

"Pardon? What do you mean there's only one bed??" You demanded. Clotted Cream Cookie was rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

"I apologize. I... left the sleeping bag back on the airship. I can send somebody to get it if you'd like." He said. His cute face showed a hint of guilt and that was enough to make your anger cool instantly.

You exhaled slowly. Something about Clotted Cream Cookie made it impossible to stay mad at him.

"It's fine, I can just sleep on the floor, no big deal." You walked over to the bed and took one of the pillows on it.

"No! No. That is most improper. You do not have my permission to sleep on the floor." He said with disbelief. He stepped forward and grabbed your wrist as you turned around with the pillow in your hands.

His touch made you freeze almost instantly. You looked him in the eyes with a small gasp. He looked back at you, his Peridot colored-eyes were shining against the light in the room, which captured the beauty of his face. Every line, every curve on his face that was captured by the light only made him more and more beautiful.

It was rare that you got to observe him this closely.

His grip on your wrist began to get hot, and you swallowed nervously as you felt a faint blush creep across your face.

"C-Consul..?" You said in a small voice.

He paused and looked at your wrist before he let go and stepped back, clearing his throat and straightening his outfit.

"I..I sincerely apologize for...That. But you are still not permitted to sleep on the ground." You turned around and looked around the hotel room before spotting a couch resting against the wall, within the vicinity of the bed.

"I could sleep on the couch, then." You hurriedly walked over to the couch and sat down before he could argue with you any more.

You put the pillow down on one side of the couch, resting it against the couch leg then stretched your body across the soft, pillowy cushions. A subtle sigh and ruffling were heard, but the quietness set in again and you shut your eyes, ignoring the sound.

As you slowly drifted off into slumber, you felt something warm drape across your body. You didn't get up to check it out cause you had fallen asleep by then.

[~In the morning~]

When you woke up, you found that a blanket had been draped over your body. The blanket hadn't looked like what the hotel provided, so you assumed it was one that Clotted Cream Cookie had brought with him.

That... Stupid... Plan-ahead brain...

You felt your face heat up so you hid under the sheets until you felt yourself cool down again. You got up and went into the bathroom to change into your daily uniform.

What was that?

As you opened the door half asleep, you found a shirtless Clotted Cream Cookie looking at the mirror and doing his makeup. When you opened the door, he turned his head towards you and both his and your eyes widened. You immediately shut the door and looked away, blushing, flustered and confused as hell.

WHAT.

THE.

HELL.

DID I JUST WALK INTO CLOTTED C-

You shook your head violently.

No.

Dont think about it!