[4] [Caught In The Moment]

Crunchy Chip Cookie turned around in an instant, faster then you could notice Dark Cacao Cookie descending towards you.

"Y-your majesty! Y-y- T-this Cookie wanted to have a chat with you!" He explained hurridly and hopped out of his way. Dark Cacao Cookie stepped closer, radiataing a menacing aura. You tensed up, your mind began to race. Your senses heightened.

"Clotted Cream Cookie," Dark Cacao Cookie spat. "I didn't expect you to be here so early."

"Hello, your majesty. I was taking a stroll in the forest and I just so happen to walk by. I could leave if your are busy at this time." Clotted Cream Cookie flashed a smile at Dark Cacao Cookie and bowed lightly.

"I do have a bit of time on my hands, state your buisness." Dark Cacao Cookie gestured to Crunchy Chip Cookie and he nodded, turned on his heel and ran towards the tents. Clotted Cream Cookie turned to you with an apologetic smile.

"Whipped Cream Cookie, would you please leave us alone for a few minutes as we speak in private?" He asked politely. You frowned at him.

"Consul, by all due respect, my duty is to stay by your side and watch for any dangers and protect you from them. It is not customary for me to leave the one I am protecting alone." You glanced quickly at the bushery around, further supporting your point.

"I am very well equipped for battle when I am ambushed from behind," The tentacles on his arms gently waved behind him. "And in addition, King Dark Cacao Cookie will be right here." Clotted Cream Cookie reasoned. You opened and closed your mouth. Your brain failed to find an argument for you to stay and be by his side.

"Fine. I will be just around the corner in that case." You spun on your heel and walked around the corner, having been stumped by his logic once again.

As you heard the murmuring of the two Cookies chatting, you were pacing back and forth, straining your ears to hear for any danger, with your eyes darting around the bushes many times over. You were constantly watching out for any signs of an attack.

A couple minutes later, you heard the bush shake just a little. You snapped your head towards the sound, your hand on the hilt of your sword.

Shaka.. Shaka Shaka..

Shaka..

Shaka Shaka...

You nearly slashed at the small Cookie that scuttered out of the bush. You backpeddled, staring at the child with disbelief.

"Woah! Where ams I?" They demanded. They took a minute looking around before they finally noticed you. "ACK!! Who is you?"

"Thats not important, Kid. What are you doing all the way out here?" You sheathed your sword and ushered him away from you. "Where are your parents? Aren't they worried about where you are?"

The child cookie thought for a moment and shrugged.

"Mom ands dad are maybee at home. They alwayss likes Oh no! Lemon Cookie you haves to be veryyyyy careful! You should not. ever. get hurt!' Is soooo anooying. You know?" He waved his tiny hands around as he spoke. "So I rans away! Is so much more fun then being at the house all the times."

"You should go back, I dont think they would be very happy to find out that you've ran off to some distant part of The Kingdom if they are that worried about your safety." You said sternly. He frowned then stomped his foot, pouting.

"No fair! You is just like my dad! 'you cants do this! you cants do that!' " He stomped around, grumbling and mumbling and moping and complaining. You hesitated.

"Well, Im not saying that you shouldnt play around for a bit, I'm saying your probably causing your parents to worry about you. What if they think you got hurt?" You felt uneasy as Lemon Cookie suddenly stopped and stared at you.